Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Map ECU 2/Tuning on a 1jz

Old 04-05-11, 02:48 AM
kanukem
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Map ECU 2/Tuning on a 1jz

Excuse my ignorance but i couldn't find this information anywhere across supramania, supraforums, or clublexus.

Does anyone know what the map clamp voltage is on a 1jz? I'm reading around and it states that the clamp voltage on a 2jz-gte is 4.3volts. In some posts, I read that the 1jz clamp voltage is 4.9? how is that possible? Can anyone who has tuned please look at their maps to see what the voltage is? For those who don't understand what this is, it is the voltage that is supplied to overcome boost cut. This is overcome by using a engine management unit or boost cut controller/fuel cut controller.

My second question is, I'm trying to tune boost control but I'm confused about the controls. I understand target boost pressure and sensitivity but I do not understand gain, duty cycle, and cDutycycle. I think this information is universal across all boost controllers.

Thanks guys
Old 04-05-11, 06:52 AM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

bro.. go to the MAP ECU forum. Information from the horse's mouth is always better..
Old 04-05-11, 12:16 PM
kanukem
Rookie

i did go to their support site and the performance research forums. the only reason why i ask here is because the duty cycle concept is universal across all boost solenoids. thanks for the suggestion though =]
Old 04-05-11, 02:24 PM
Luv2xl
Lexus Test Driver

My reply was more on the clamp voltage for the 1J..
Old 04-05-11, 08:58 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

the clamp voltage is 4.3 on the 1jz therefore if you hit that voltage the car will boost cut. Don't worry about what you put in the clamp voltage because your ecu can still boost cut it. On the tunning map is where you limit the 4.3 thats how I'm doing it, on 20 something psi I set my numbers to 4.28 or something to make the car fuel cut if I accidentally overboost (pop wastegate hose). this is what I use for my 1j with 550cc inj if you got more questions feel free to ask me via pm.

and don't use the built in function to control a boost solenoid it sucks. all the duty cycle and what not stuff is explained in the map ecu manuals that are online. remember there are 2 different manuals one is for use the other is for installation so don't confuse the 2.