Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

some plans for my sc

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-11, 08:40 PM
redmanV8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some plans for my sc

hey guys im one of the new guys here, i got a stock 96 lexus sc400 with 80k miles i just bought, was hoping to do a few mods like exhaust, an air filter and maybe some kind of power programmer,just to keep the reliabilty and have some fun, so i know i want some magnaflows for sure, and what kind of programmer can i get to open up some more power that will work with this car? just any one or is there a specific one i should get?
Old 03-27-11, 02:04 PM
sclean
BANNED SCAMMER BEWARE

unichip or aem standlaone
Old 03-27-11, 02:22 PM
Luxotic
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

there is alot you can do with this car .. the sky is the limit ...... aem is a good route
Old 03-27-11, 04:22 PM
maynanator
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

if you have the money look into the wolf v500 full plug n play unit, comes pre tuned and will fit in the stock location plus unlike the newer aem units it does a very good job of controlling the transmission.
Old 03-27-11, 04:37 PM
VanillaSC
Driver

Search around on here, go to lextreme.com for more info on the 1uzfe. In terms of playing with your ECU, I would not recommend using a piggy-back unit. Check out the Wolf unit that was previously mentioned, and as far as the AEM EMS I know guys have modded the TT Supra one to work for the SC400. I would suggest looking into the BFI (intake) and doing custom exhaust with some magnaflows first. Installing a Wolf unit or the AEM and then getting it tuned is getting into some serious money. We are not as fortunate as Mustang or Camaro owners that spend 300-400 on a diablo sport tuner or some other plug in unit and gain hp. Good luck with your mods and take the time to research before buying anything.
Old 03-28-11, 06:43 AM
redmanV8
Driver School Candidate

wow that wolf unit doesnt look bad at all, i will def consider it. i know if i just do intake and exhaust it wont really do much without a tune, i have seen some n/a cars dyno before and after intake and exhaust systems w.o tune they lost a couple horses but gained a couple lbs of tq.
Old 03-28-11, 08:54 AM
VanillaSC
Driver

Yeah the wolf unit looks awesome but my concern is the lack of authorized dealers in the states. To me this means there is a lack of tuners that would know how to properly tune the sc using the wolf unit. I could be wrong though...