Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

99-00 EVAP stock location?

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-11, 08:02 AM
TRDmike
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb 99-00 EVAP stock location?

Bought a a 99 SC and last owner relocated the EVAP behind the passenger fog light but attempting to relocate back to the stock location

I was told the stock location is behind the passenger fog light and wanted to know if anyone knows which holes does the bracket mount up to?

I'm not 100% sure where it goes to.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trdmike...7626178455501/

Last edited by TRDmike; 03-20-11 at 10:06 PM.
Old 03-20-11, 05:47 PM
xcelr8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It goes below the passenger headlight.

Just for the record, there was a bracket that I made, but it slightly rubbed against the radiator. I meant to adjust and probably just left it off. However, the ties have held solidly for five years. It was in a position that NEVER created ANY problems.

Since an official shop manual was provided (FREE) by me, there's a diagram showing its exact location.

Damn, Mike.
Old 03-20-11, 09:20 PM
TRDmike
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xcelr8
It goes below the passenger headlight.

Just for the record, there was a bracket that I made, but it slightly rubbed against the radiator. I meant to adjust and probably just left it off. However, the ties have held solidly for five years. It was in a position that NEVER created ANY problems.

Since an official shop manual was provided (FREE) by me, there's a diagram showing its exact location.

Damn, Mike.

I may sound like a *** but did not intend to (no offense), but I'm not to fond of zip ties as a permanent mount, reminds me of one of my past vehicles when i lived in Japan that i used for drifting and parts where being held by zip ties...lol

I probably sound like an *** cause the last SC ( my 1j SC ) i bought on here from a member (probably not on here anymore) didn't have the parts listed installed and didn't find out till i drove to the other side of the country to get the car re-tuned....

Trying to get this vehicle as perfect as possible from every little detail. Found a lot of clips that are broken and ordering new ones to replace. Even going to rewire all the crimped wires with heat shrink which i found a lot more effective and neat. Pretty much doing an overhaul. From small things like that may not bother others but bothers me.

Of all the cars i owned i try to take care of each one to the best of my abilities.

In addition, according to the manual it does not show exactly how the evap is mounted (like it does with the bumper) or i didn't look hard enough... I just mounted the bracket to the holes it aligns closest to. You told me several times where the stock location is but my question is: "which holes does the bracket connect to?"

Last edited by TRDmike; 03-20-11 at 10:00 PM.