Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte automatic transmission sensor questions

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-11, 06:35 PM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte automatic transmission sensor questions

What does the first sensor in the automatic transmission do? Its L shaped. I noticed mine is not hooked to anything, and there are no near by plugs (well some wire but not plug on the end, looks like its been cut off). My car's OD light flashes constantly and wont rev past 4500, and doesnt like to down shift if its over 3k rpm. Is this sensor needed or can I just cut do this:
"
Remove ur cluster, locate the wires going to the Odometer...cut Pink/Peach colored wire in half with some slack. Then locate a wire that is half blue and half red (should be right next to the pink one somewhere)...cut that in half. Then take the Input side of the pinkish/peach wire and wire it directly onto the Input side of the blue/red wire. Then take the Output side of the blue/red wire and wire that onto the 2 wires you connected...solder, heatshrink, blacktape that ***** and enjoy. What this does is bypass the OD to the from the cluster and straight to the ECU...ur car is running like **** right now bc the ECU is now receiving engine speed. I can almost garuntee it that this is ur problem. This will happen even if ur tach is not working."

Thanks guys!
Old 02-18-11, 06:03 AM
kikcaffine
Lead Lap

Well I crossed the wires, putting the gauges back in tonight. The car started and idles so thats always good I suppose. Will report back this evening if it worked or not.
Old 03-20-11, 05:46 AM
STORMINSC4
Driver School Candidate

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-its-free.html

check this link out it. this is what is going on.