Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Newbie here crossing over from the honda world...

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-02, 05:44 PM
G-MO
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie here crossing over from the honda world...

Hello all. I am currently in the market for an SC300. I recently talked with Larry from Sound Performance and have many ideas now floating around in my head . I own a retail store in St. Louis, Missouri called Advanced Imports of St. Louis. My plans for my vehicle are as follows. 1. Attain a high milage sc300(currently looking so if anyone has one for sale or knows of one let me know) 2. Turbo(most likely at sound performance, as they are the closest shop that have experience with the application). I will also be rebuilding the bottom end. If anyone has done so , please share your experiences. Thanks
Old 07-19-02, 10:50 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

heh, high mileage..... i just passed the 200k mark the other day. Brought a tear to my eye....BUT STILL RUNS LIKE NEW!!!!!!
Old 07-19-02, 11:13 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Newbie here crossing over from the honda world...

Originally posted by G-MO
Hello all. I am currently in the market for an SC300. I recently talked with Larry from Sound Performance and have many ideas now floating around in my head . I own a retail store in St. Louis, Missouri called Advanced Imports of St. Louis. My plans for my vehicle are as follows. 1. Attain a high milage sc300(currently looking so if anyone has one for sale or knows of one let me know) 2. Turbo(most likely at sound performance, as they are the closest shop that have experience with the application). I will also be rebuilding the bottom end. If anyone has done so , please share your experiences. Thanks
Your best bet is to talk to Ebanks(Ethan). He has a highly modified SC300 and interacts quite a bit with Sound Performance. I personally have a SC300 and have ordered all the goodies but am just waiting for them to be all shipped. Evidently the turbo kit from Toyomoto takes 45 days to ship.

Ethan is taking his SC far further than most and has experience changing the rear end to a Supra TT manual and automatic. I bought the auto rear recently.

Like I said Sound Performance and Ethan are your greatest resources.
Old 07-20-02, 09:46 AM
G-MO
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 07-20-02, 10:22 AM
projectsc
Pole Position

G-Mo is that your car in the picture? I too have a red civic that is modified(very stock looking though) and looking to change to an SC300 this winter/coming spring. Let me know how it turns out.

Thanks for the info guys!
Old 07-20-02, 10:43 AM
G-MO
Driver School Candidate

Yea thats one of my hondas. As soon as it sells Hello lexus
Old 07-21-02, 04:06 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum,used to have a 'teg myself,2000 GSR,loved it,but that rwd SC will put a smile in your face every time.
Talk around,or check out Supraforums.com for more info on high hp turbo motors.Those cars are a great resource for hi-po goodies,since they're pretty much the same mechanically.
Old 07-27-02, 05:42 PM
projectsc
Pole Position

Thanks for the responses!

G-Mo- How many honda's do you have?

Also I will check out that other forum aswell as talk here and do some searching!
Old 07-27-02, 08:11 PM
Neal Rikal
Pole Position

where in st. louie are you located, i just moved from chesterfield to nashville tn. I still visit so i may stop by.. what kind of interior work do you do?

Last edited by Neal Rikal; 07-27-02 at 08:13 PM.
Old 07-28-02, 10:47 AM
G-MO
Driver School Candidate

I had three Hondas now I'm down to two... I'm located in north county off of bellefontaine and Highway 270. I dont do interior as far as upholstery I just sell aftermarket seats,dash kits,metal floormats,etc.
Old 07-28-02, 03:30 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

Former honda crossover here I will never go back though, I love my SC and probably iwll love it more once it's got an T in the engine code
Old 07-28-02, 03:49 PM
soarer 300
Lead Lap

Default Re: Newbie here crossing over from the honda world...

G-MO,

I was in your boat about a year and a half ago. I bought a fairly high mile SC and turboed it.

I am located in Springfield--down the highway from you about 3 hours. Check out our board: www.417imports.com

We've got a lot of STL folk on there...and 2 Turbo Lexus owners.

Best of luck with your search.
Old 07-28-02, 08:42 PM
VeilsideRSPsc
Driver

Default Re: Re: Newbie here crossing over from the honda world...

Originally posted by Hermosa

Your best bet is to talk to Ebanks(Ethan). He has a highly modified SC300 and interacts quite a bit with Sound Performance. I personally have a SC300 and have ordered all the goodies but am just waiting for them to be all shipped. Evidently the turbo kit from Toyomoto takes 45 days to ship.

Ethan is taking his SC far further than most and has experience changing the rear end to a Supra TT manual and automatic. I bought the auto rear recently.

Like I said Sound Performance and Ethan are your greatest resources.
lol what???!?!?! ethan doesnt know JACK!!!!!

-brian
'92 sp66 veilside auto rsp sc300
Old 08-01-02, 10:46 AM
IS300TURBO
Driver

welcome...you will find that the lexus is very adicting...
Old 08-02-02, 08:15 PM
MatT3T4
Driver

Ahh, greetings fellow Honda x-overs. I am yet another...except, I curse the day I traded my Civic...

Nothing like schooling NSX's and Supra TT's in an 11 second 1.6L four-banger...God dammit I miss that car so much...

I love my SC300, but my GOD could it be any slower? Well, I am considering dropping in a newer 2JZ-GE (mine has 123k on it), and turbocharging it. God I need some SPEED...!!!

Quick Reply: Newbie here crossing over from the honda world...