Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Airbag Indicator Light Came on.

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-10, 02:12 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airbag Indicator Light Came on.

I recently swapped my tan factory steering wheel and airbag, with a black factory steering wheel and airbag form the same year and model in my 1995 SC400. Upon completion, when I drove down the street about 5 miles the airbag indicator light came on and would not go off.

I tried disconnecting the battery like i did when i installed it, and doing the whole process over again making sure that all the wires were clamped securely, but sure enough, the light came back on and stayed on.

Is there anyway to reset the light, and make sure that the new steering wheel is not damaged in any way...........Please Help, that light makes me think that the airbag is gonna pop out at any minute!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-24-10, 03:03 PM
CRuby
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Link to airbag warning light reset.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ght-reset.html
Old 09-25-10, 03:25 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

Smile

Thanks bra, imma try It when I get off Work today
Old 09-30-10, 04:13 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by MySc4fever
Thanks bra, imma try It when I get off Work today
I've been trying that procedure for three days, man its a bxxxh!!!!!!
I cant get it to stay off!!!!! This bites!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-10, 06:46 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Did you have the error code 22 like the instructions said that procedure was for? MAybe you've got a real problem that the system won't let you reset without correcting it.
Old 10-02-10, 09:03 AM
MySc4fever
Driver

I ran the light blink test and the light went off, then blinked once then again about 10 seconds later, stayed on for 2 seconds, then went off again.

I hope its something simple. Don't want to give the dealer $100 to do what I can do myself.
Old 10-05-10, 03:18 PM
MySc4fever
Driver

Originally Posted by CRuby
Link to airbag warning light reset.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...ght-reset.html
OHHHH YYYEEAAHHH! My light is off baby!!!!!!!

Good look on the thread attachment CRuby.

Now. The trick to it. Along with searching and reading other threads, that I can't find anymore for some reason. I learned a couple of true and false statements:

False- works even without the code blinking two times indication code"22"
My blinking code read something different. It blinked once, then once about 20 seconds later then stayed on for about 10 seconds , then went back off. Clearly not indicating code"22'.

True- You "MUST' have a secured, strong ground.
I had 3 grounds that were not strong, and the results were terrible.
I unscrewed one of the bolts in the drivers door jam, to use for my ground since it was close by....problem solved.

False- You do not have to tap the ground wire TC-TC-AB-AB-TC-TC-AB-AB, etc, etc. After doing this over 3 days, and it not working. I gave up.

Then on the 4th day, I cant remember where someone made a comment, But they said,when they tried it they just started with TC (like it says in every thread), and just tapped the ground to the inlets like this: TC-AB-TC-AB-TC-AB.......NO MORE LIGHT ON.

Friendly advice: Get some speaker wire (3 pieces about 2 feet long),
push one wire into the AB inlet, one into the TC inlet, and one grounded to the ground in the door jam.

Cut the car on( not motor), then tap the ground wire to the TC wire, then tap the ground wire to the AB wire as follows.......TC-AB-TC-AB-TC-AB

WORKED FOR ME..........Without code 22, after doing a complete black interior swap....removing everything in the inside of the car.

good luck!
Old 10-05-10, 06:08 PM
CRuby
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear you got it solved. I had come across the referenced link in the DIY stickys since I was messing with my instrumentation cluster & thought I might have to reset the air bag light too, but didn't. Only credit to me is that I pointed you to it. O.L.T. is the brains behind it. I'm surprised the order was different than what was originally posted, but at least you got it documented now for the next person that has to do it.