Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

xspower or driftmotion turbo kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 09:07 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nivek5sfe
ok i see what your talking about. yeah i wouldnt trust a rubber hose for that job either..hopefully hes switch to a braided line...if not i definitely will have to change that as well.
Dont forget to invest in some legit fittings for those lines
Old 05-19-10, 09:01 AM
ogre
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I clocked my turbo about 5* and used a piece of 1/2" pipe as the first part of the drain
Old 05-19-10, 05:49 PM
nivek5sfe
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Matador
Dont forget to invest in some legit fittings for those lines
definitely
Old 01-30-14, 01:50 PM
DannyUSAF
Driver School Candidate

Skeptical about posting this and reviving a dead thread, but I figured some good info on this kit could be posted here.

I've been in the market for a Turbo kit for my IS300 for a while now. Once I got based in Florida I hit up XS Power about their kit. Being new to the area, I couldn't find anyone to tune my car, but I just did and the install will come soon.

Anyways, I bought the XS-POWER Turbo Kit (Same as SSAUTOCHROME). After many emails and phone calls to Rich, I sent the payment and waited. To my surprise, all of the parts came within a few days, and any question I had, Rich would respond to my email within the hour. Customer service is great, and it's awesome knowing the company gets involved on the build. Only thing that has changed really was the FMIC. They've upgraded the kit, and it no longer comes with the turbo kit itself. But the FMIC is identical to the new and improved CX Racing FMIC, (sister company), and I like it a lot better than the other intercoolers.

All of the parts arrived, and I inspected all of the parts. The welds all look nice and decent. Rich definitely hooked it up with a free Greddy Turbo Timer too. I know they aren't needed but hey, nothing beats a free part. The kit came with everything needed for a successful install. Their feed lines are also braided now. No more rubber hoses. This kit is the base of what you need to run NA-T, but I'm doing other upgrades as well to get this build running perfectly. Here's a few things I purchased other than the turbo kit itself:

Greddy Emanage Ultimate
Walbro GSS342 255LPH Fuel Pump
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Toyomoto VB Upgrade
550cc TS Fuel Injectors
Colder Spark Plugs
BM RacingTransmission Cooler

Here's pics of the kit itself along with some of the other upgrades.
Install pics will come soon.

Old 05-07-14, 11:26 PM
sc4demon
Lexus Test Driver

^ Nice. Have you installed the kit? Are there any figment issues?
Old 05-08-14, 06:21 AM
Vrank
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So I recently built a mk3 with a dm 60-1 kit, 2jzge swapped of course. A couple gripes I had was
1: the intake tube was pretty cheesy with the nipples for the pcv stuff and such just being universal. I had to cut a good section of it off so it would fit in the bay. And I don't like where the nipples for said stuff lie when it all went together. A solid 45 would have made my life easier and ill be pushing the guy to buy some 4" mandrel so I can rework it

2: the elbow they welded on the comp housing ****ed me good and forced me to get creative when building the IC setup. The elbow HAD to be high mounted due to clearance between the strut tower and manifold not allowing the return line to work whatsoever. Like, there was zero room for it to exist in said fashion. I absolutely hate 90/45* couplers, but for this app I think it'd have been better suited as I coulda clicked the elbow myself and made less work for me.

3: there are zero provisions for the drain at the pan. They sent a steel weld bung. Wtf? That does no good.

4: the turbine housing was 1/4" off the turbo and 100% needs a blanket. I feel it should be included. My customer ****ed me on that as I told him it was needed, but he wanted to see the ceramic coated housing. His **** up cost me a week. Not dm' a fault, but still. They should know that's not cool as first heat cycle of the engine after the swap melted the coupler like I told him. Something dm SHOULD be aware of. So ill call that 50/50 dm/dumb customer.

5: dump tube is useless and the gate is super MEH.

6: they sent a 4" 45* coupler for the crappy intake pipe described earlier. Had to cut it to a straight coupler.

6: intake pipe didn't clear the distributor cap worth a ****. 4runner cap sorta helped, but it still rests against it. Without the distributor cap its fine, but if you're not using a COP setup then you're probably screwed.

So basically, it wasnt a bolt on and go affair. I will say this though. I believe there is more room to work with in the sc than the mk3, so I'd expect it to be a bit easier in the chassis' we're concerned about here.

Pics