Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Looking to do a r154 or w58 manual swap? look in here, dont make a thread.

Old 10-20-11, 01:52 PM
SCnewB
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just wondering if i was to use a supra differential would that affect what drive shaft i have to use?
Old 10-25-11, 03:04 PM
Champen
Driver School Candidate

Just a quick ?

What about the VSS...

Is it really that easy.. I mean, Buy A Marlin Crawler VSS, plug it into the R154 and then use the same plug in the main auto harness that the auto VSS was in...??

And GREAT thread..!
Old 10-25-11, 05:00 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Depends on year of your sc, I did a 5spd on a 2000 and the vss was off the wheels not the tranny. So I had no wires on the tranny cept the reverse. And yes martin vss or there is a factory one that converts the mechanical to a plug, that's what I'm running, it screws on to it and then you just plug in the connector. And stay tuned guys I'm mocking up a w58 r154 shifter relocator and short shifter all in one!!
Old 10-26-11, 01:31 AM
Champen
Driver School Candidate

It´s a 1992...

And the reverse plug on the auto harness plugs into the reverse signal from the r154 right..

And again.. thx.. epic thread!
Old 10-26-11, 02:28 AM
SC'd SC400
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
naw u need bell housing adaptor, custom flywheel howe bearing and hydraulic lines. redphoenix is the man fro sc400 manual swaps!
Or you could ask me or visit my thread with pics and videos.........

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...few-weeks.html
Old 10-29-11, 05:38 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

So what about Auto SC300 guys, that only have a MKIII R154, what do you do about the transmission crossmember?

You can't bolt the SC Auto Xmember to the MKIII R154 Trans mount.

I already have it figured out, but it's a pretty important piece of information that was left out.
Old 10-29-11, 06:50 AM
Champen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
So what about Auto SC300 guys, that only have a MKIII R154, what do you do about the transmission crossmember?

You can't bolt the SC Auto Xmember to the MKIII R154 Trans mount.

I already have it figured out, but it's a pretty important piece of information that was left out.

I second that...
Old 10-29-11, 09:47 AM
DoomLight
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you use a mk3 r154 the rear housing will be different. Because it accommodates speedo cable hookup and different shifter position, but obviously if u get a chaser or Soarer r154 you can use the same transmission mount as the automatic.
Old 10-29-11, 11:30 AM
cranialexp
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

w00t! i was just looking for this info!! good post!
Old 10-29-11, 11:31 AM
cranialexp
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if i was gonna do a 2jz swap would i have issues lining up the 2jz and r154 for my car???
Old 10-30-11, 04:52 AM
spoolxexo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DoomLight
If you use a mk3 r154 the rear housing will be different. Because it accommodates speedo cable hookup and different shifter position, but obviously if u get a chaser or Soarer r154 you can use the same transmission mount as the automatic.
Yes but there still is not explanation of how to get around this of you have a MKIII R154.

I ended up re-drilling the sc300 Auto crossmember. The spacing is correct, but the width of the 4 bolt holes needs to be a little tighter to fit the MKIII R154 mount.

After that, you need 3" long Bolts and spacers to bolt up the xmember, because it is attached to the sc300 auto mount and pushes the rear of the trans up too far.

*Credit to DJ420a

Old 10-31-11, 12:11 PM
Champen
Driver School Candidate

how long do the spacers need to be?

It cant be the 2,5 inches that the foto show?
Old 10-31-11, 12:29 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by spoolxexo
Yes but there still is not explanation of how to get around this of you have a MKIII R154.

I ended up re-drilling the sc300 Auto crossmember. The spacing is correct, but the width of the 4 bolt holes needs to be a little tighter to fit the MKIII R154 mount.

After that, you need 3" long Bolts and spacers to bolt up the xmember, because it is attached to the sc300 auto mount and pushes the rear of the trans up too far.

*Credit to DJ420a

what 3 inch spacers? u need sc300 w58 tranny mount and you use the auto or the manual tranny cross member. the auto and manual cross member is the same thing.. this doesnt look right it looks like you need to pump the floor jack more to raise it.. i have never encountered this or heard this happening..

Originally Posted by Champen
how long do the spacers need to be?

It cant be the 2,5 inches that the foto show?
NO spacers! like i said you need the sc300 manual mount not the auto one, just the auto crossmember.

Last edited by Cleanshots; 09-04-13 at 01:21 PM.
Old 11-05-11, 02:59 PM
killerpea
Driver School Candidate

Ok....so I've nearly worn the "search" button out today so pardon the newbie if I've missed the thread.....
Does anyone know a source/part number/ or any other infomation on the Soarer ECU that will go into a 96-97 SC400 thats been converted to a 5 speed?? I've read as many threads as I can find about bypassing and jumpering circuits and running relays and plugging all of the solenoid back into the harness, but I would much rather just spend the money for an ECU that is plug and play so I can pass emissions.

Thanks!!
Old 11-05-11, 04:57 PM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by killerpea
Ok....so I've nearly worn the "search" button out today so pardon the newbie if I've missed the thread.....
Does anyone know a source/part number/ or any other infomation on the Soarer ECU that will go into a 96-97 SC400 thats been converted to a 5 speed?? I've read as many threads as I can find about bypassing and jumpering circuits and running relays and plugging all of the solenoid back into the harness, but I would much rather just spend the money for an ECU that is plug and play so I can pass emissions.

Thanks!!
there is no such thing! you jump the connector for neutral bypass, so it starts there is no manual v8 ecu. and emissions are a *****..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Looking to do a r154 or w58 manual swap? look in here, dont make a thread.