Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

I pulled the codes 21,24,28 and 31

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-10, 06:19 AM
grindin8o8
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I pulled the codes 21,24,28 and 31

So the codes are
21-main o2 sensor
24-maf sensor??
28-main o2 sensor
31-maf sensor??

if my maf sensor is broken wouldn't it be fking up my o2 sensors as well?? are these codes all connected somehow?? could it also be my iacv?? i had idling and stalling problems about a month ago so i cleaned my iacv and it ran great for 1 month. now today my car starting idling high on cold start ups and sometimes it stays at a high idle and usually when its at normal operating temp, the rpm starts to drop until eventually it hits zero and stalls. I have a feeling all these codes have to do with one another or is my ecu fk up. help please. anyone have extra parts for sale??
Old 04-28-10, 04:16 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

The high idle at start up is most likely you cleaning the iacv.

21 Main O2 Sensor & Heater Signal
24 Idle Air Temperature Sensor Signal
28 Main O2 S Sensor
31 Air Flow Meter Signal

Most likely the codes are connected. Do you remember what order they came out?

The IAT sensor is on your MAF, so most likely that sensor is not functioning properly.

If your maf is telling the computer an incorrect amount of air, then the computer won't know exactly how much fuel to add, so obviously your O2 sensors will try to compensate and not get any correct adjustments since the maf is incorrect. Make sense?

Look at your MAF sensor first. If you're 92-95 try spraying it with compressed air, or try a special electrical cleaner. If you're 96+ you can buy the maf sensor cleaner spray at the auto store, this will only work on hotwire sensors.

Some will say that if you disconnect your maf and the car runs better then its the maf that is faulty. But this is NOT true. Your car will just run on a map with plenty of fuel. If nothing else works, try to borrow someone else's.
Old 04-29-10, 12:51 AM
grindin8o8
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sc-driver
The high idle at start up is most likely you cleaning the iacv.

21 Main O2 Sensor & Heater Signal
24 Idle Air Temperature Sensor Signal
28 Main O2 S Sensor
31 Air Flow Meter Signal

Most likely the codes are connected. Do you remember what order they came out?

The IAT sensor is on your MAF, so most likely that sensor is not functioning properly.

If your maf is telling the computer an incorrect amount of air, then the computer won't know exactly how much fuel to add, so obviously your O2 sensors will try to compensate and not get any correct adjustments since the maf is incorrect. Make sense?

Look at your MAF sensor first. If you're 92-95 try spraying it with compressed air, or try a special electrical cleaner. If you're 96+ you can buy the maf sensor cleaner spray at the auto store, this will only work on hotwire sensors.

Some will say that if you disconnect your maf and the car runs better then its the maf that is faulty. But this is NOT true. Your car will just run on a map with plenty of fuel. If nothing else works, try to borrow someone else's.

yup first was 24, then 31. then the o2 sensor codes were pulled just recently about 2 months after i pulled code 24 and 31. the thing is could the maf sensor mess up the iacv?? because when my car stalls, I pull out the iacv and every time i pull the iacv, it is stuck. stuck meaning the valve/spring piece was stuck closed, so air couldn't go into the engine. any other people got inputs?? thanks btw
Old 05-17-10, 07:45 PM
NSeagle78
Pole Position

Default Me two

I also have this problem. Only 21 and 28 are showing up now, but all those others showed up at one time. I have replaced my IACV, MAF and trottle position sensor. My TPS does not adjust as it should when I try to adjust it. If you find your fix let me know.