Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-10, 07:12 AM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 transmission problems

Day 1 I bought a Lexus SC400 acleansc4's old car but from a different owner. as it came off the shipping truck the guy was saying it wasnt moving when he put it in gear. I just thought maybe the guy didnt know what he was doing, so i got in it and we were able to get it down. the car drove fine for about 30 minutes or it at least seemed to be driving fine.

Day 2 I warmed the car up dropped my sister off at school, went drive it about two hours later and noticed the car felt like it was in neutral and the check engine light came on but now everytime the check engine light comes on the car feels like its in neutral no matter what gear i put it in. i shut it off wait a second start the car back up and then it goes in gear and moves. sometimes i have to shut it off and turn it on 3 or 4 times before it actually works, i cant seem to figure out whats the problem. One of the mechanics told me the transmission is bad

Day 3, so i left the battery unhooked all night to try to reset the cpu. This morning i started it up and let it warm up. WHile it was warming up i put it in gear and noticed it went in gear slowly. Like it would rollback then go to drive. I then continued to let it warm up and the car went into gear and was catching the gears i didnt drive it far though because i dont want to get stranded just up and down the street I also noticed that the transmission fluid is brown.
Old 04-23-10, 07:15 AM
willhickey
Lexus Test Driver

the filter is clogged change the filter change the fluid it should be good for a while, but the transmission is still bad though... mine did the same thing
Old 04-23-10, 07:39 AM
bbkbadboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by willhickey
the filter is clogged change the filter change the fluid it should be good for a while, but the transmission is still bad though... mine did the same thing
thanks man will try it