Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

nitrous experts i need some advice...

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 02:52 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nitrous experts i need some advice...

So i have some issues with my nitrous setup that hopefully some of you out there can chime in on, first off my setup is gonna consist of two bottles trunk mounted along with a host of zex goodies to play with, anyway i was wondering about remote bottle openers and what i should do as far as being cost effective but reliable at the same time, i was looking into this style bottler opener
nitrous experts i need some advice...-cfn117c_combo_shot.jpg.gif
which runs about 170 to 280 each,

but then i started wondering if this style inline shutoff valve could be used instead of the bottle openers, in other words i would mount this valve somewhere in the car where i could get to it easily if needed, and just leave the bottles open at all times, or just when im out to play for the evening and open the valve when i wanna juice,
nitrous experts i need some advice...-a379294e613d799f36283797c6115b84.image.300x231.jpg

well thats the first question now for the second, i was wondering if purge line had to be copper pipe/tubing or could i use high pressure rubber fuel line?, i figure they dont have to hold the pressure of the purge just route it where i want it right, or am i wrong,

thanx in advance for any advice anyone may have...

Last edited by Papajorgio; 04-08-10 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-09-10, 09:06 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

wow theres nobody?, oh well guess ill try it and post my results up after the install,...
Old 04-11-10, 05:24 AM
Anti-Venom
Driver

As far as the bottle opener goes... if I recall correctly, you have to disassemble the **** that you use to turn in order to install the remote opener.... which means that when you get the bottles filled, you have to reassemble. As far as the valve inside the car.... I think it would come down to preference. Electrical system can sometimes fail. I have always preferred to have the bottles within reach anyway. I've found loopholes in the Florida law that basically allows you to utilize nitrous. The only way they can get you on that is if you chirp the tires, go over the speed limit, or appear to be racing someone. I'm not sure where that second valve you posted comes from, just make sure it is rated to handle the pressure.

As far as the purge goes... I'd stay with the metal lines for the purge. On a hot day, your bottle pressure can go upwards of 1400-1600psi. The rubber hose would fail where it connects to the purge solenoid.
Old 04-11-10, 10:03 AM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by Anti-Venom
As far as the bottle opener goes... if I recall correctly, you have to disassemble the **** that you use to turn in order to install the remote opener.... which means that when you get the bottles filled, you have to reassemble. As far as the valve inside the car.... I think it would come down to preference. Electrical system can sometimes fail. I have always preferred to have the bottles within reach anyway. I've found loopholes in the Florida law that basically allows you to utilize nitrous. The only way they can get you on that is if you chirp the tires, go over the speed limit, or appear to be racing someone. I'm not sure where that second valve you posted comes from, just make sure it is rated to handle the pressure.

As far as the purge goes... I'd stay with the metal lines for the purge. On a hot day, your bottle pressure can go upwards of 1400-1600psi. The rubber hose would fail where it connects to the purge solenoid.
cool bro, i really appreciate the incite and advice, i was also thinking the same thing about the refill situation, it may be that much more of a pain to pull the bottles especially since i have two of them, but im gonna hit up mako hose and see what kinda toys they have that i can add to my setup/purge kit, ill make another thread of the install when im done with the fabrication of the trunk

oh and the shut off valve is rated at 1500psi, but still debating on what kinda opener im gonna run...

Last edited by Papajorgio; 04-11-10 at 10:08 AM.