Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Post pics of na-t ic piping route

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-10, 12:44 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Post pics of na-t ic piping route

I am trying to figure out on how to route my ic piping without using 24ft of piping.
I ran the pipings to the TB and the Turbo inlet but it's alot of pipings so i am just trying to use less as much as i can.
I was easy on my 1JZ but with the Na-T it's not fun thanks.
Pics Please
Old 04-01-10, 12:56 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just Scroll Through

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-have-any.html
Old 04-01-10, 01:58 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Thanks Ken ..

Need more pics guys come on i need yall help on this one thanks....
Old 04-01-10, 03:37 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you would have posted this up 3 days ago I could have had some pictures, but now my bumper is back on and cant see much of anything...where are you routing your pipes through on the drivers and pass side? are you going through the fender on the hotside, or down under the sway bar?
Old 04-01-10, 03:52 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I forget who it was but someone a while back was using an intercooler with both the inlet and outlet on the same side. And another person was using a sidemount.

As for a standard intercooler, I think most people just route the piping from the turbo down behind the radiator to the far side, then up through the side mount hole up to the TB.
Old 04-01-10, 04:21 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

man i don't really have any pics of how it's routed underneath, i agree though my 1jz took alot less piping!

here's a overhead shot, the rest of my piping is just running across the back side of my intercooler..

pics probably don't do much good, but my throttle body side is running into the passanger side of the fmic, then the piping from the turbo runs towards the front of my car and then curves and runs along the back side of the intercooler piping and turns into the drivers side of the fmic..

a fmic with inlet/outlet on one side definetly would be easier, or you can always get a GTE style manifold, or make your own using the GE and GTE manifold parts..

thats what i'd LIKE to do one day.
Old 04-01-10, 06:22 PM
SC300_704
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

still need to modify the 75 degree bend connected to the intercooler on the passenger side or else my bumper won't fit.
Old 04-01-10, 06:57 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

I had it routed the same way everyone else does.
the piping is ridiculously long so I'm ditching it for a vertical setup.
And thats why I bought one of these

throttle body side piping is the same as before,
but from the turbo its just a 90deg bend instead of a huge loop.
Attached Thumbnails Post pics of na-t ic piping route-p4010009small.jpg  

Last edited by Ali SC3; 04-01-10 at 07:02 PM.
Old 04-01-10, 10:41 PM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

^^^Yup thats the way to go for NA-T
Old 04-02-10, 05:56 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Thanks guys for all the inputs.

lol i don't know which way to run the pipings... I messed with it last till 2am and i think i found the solution , but i yall opinion .
I wanna run the piping from the TB to the right side on IC and from the Turbo to the driver side IC outlet, i think it will look a better like that.
Ill try to wrap it up tomorrow.

Ali i like the IC but i don't think it will support 6-700rwhp what do yall think?

The wiring was done last night and no more distributor so excited , Pedals were installed last night ... thanks toyota for not selling the pedals as an assembly!!!
You have to put it together yourself but it only took about 15mn and i am using the TT pedals.

I should be able to fire it up this week hopefully, about the IC piping i will just run it whatever i will be getting a FFIM next month so no worries.
http://www.swiftracing.com/SRT/item.aspx?id=26
Old 04-02-10, 06:45 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by quickGS300

Ali i like the IC but i don't think it will support 6-700rwhp what do yall think?

The wiring was done last night and no more distributor so excited , Pedals were installed last night ... thanks toyota for not selling the pedals as an assembly!!!
You have to put it together yourself but it only took about 15mn and i am using the TT pedals.

I should be able to fire it up this week hopefully, about the IC piping i will just run it whatever i will be getting a FFIM next month so no worries.
it just depemds on the intercooler specs there was one for sale on ebay i forgot the brand (not chines copy) and it sold for almost 500 bucks and it was capable of making 600 hp so its not the design. Hey can you post some pics of the wiring u did for the cam and crank sensors either on one of the threads here or the "distributorless" thread over on SF
Old 04-02-10, 07:58 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quickGS300

lol i don't know which way to run the pipings... I messed with it last till 2am and i think i found the solution , but i yall opinion .
I wanna run the piping from the TB to the right side on IC and from the Turbo to the driver side IC outlet, i think it will look a better like that.
Ill try to wrap it up tomorrow.

I think 500 is prob the max for the size I have before it looses efficiency, but they do make bigger ones. The also make horizontal setups where the endtank is turned and has a 90 degree on it so it does the u-turn for you at the end tank. just search 7m-gte intercoolers. same setup as an SC, and the piping kits look like they would fit an sc almost perfectly.
They make bigger ones, but you will probably end up going FFIM and it would be useless.

yeah, easiest way to route it with the horizontal setup is TB to passenger side, and turbo to drivers side. thats how I have it currently.
Old 04-02-10, 07:59 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

I know it's about the specs, i don't think it's rated for 600 to 700rwhp because of the brand not the size.

I will post the pics as soon as i get my car running, i was work out all the bugs before i share info so people don't start bashing me.
I still have one wire that i need hook up and done, it wasn't too complicated with the help of "Alisc3" thanks again.
I will do a DIY on it since nobody did a 100% DIY i did alot search and all i could is how to hook up the VVti Ignitor, not the cam sensor nor the crank sensor.
I have a spare set of VVti coils and ignitor let me know if you need them.
Old 04-02-10, 08:07 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Thanks Ali that what i would do tomorrow, Are you coming tomorrow? so we can finish it up.
BtW i haven't wired the Map and Ait sensor yet !!!
Old 04-02-10, 08:18 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

lol, leaving the fun stuff for me. I could swing by today or early tomorrow. Im going to the Nat's game tomorrow during the day.

Quick Reply: Post pics of na-t ic piping route