Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 Horse Power Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-02, 04:30 PM
quixstyle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 Horse Power Help

hello all,

I'm a newbie to the soarer/sc scene and I am wondering where I can find info to increase horsepower dramatically. I own a SC300 '97 and would like to install either a supercharger or turbo.

I am unfortunately bound by an automatic, so please keep that in mind with any suggestions.

Thanks,

Quixstyle
Old 06-05-02, 12:09 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

auto is no problem........toyomoto can build a kit for you and send it out......www.toyomoto.com
305-599-3050
Old 06-09-02, 12:23 PM
daloogie
Driver School Candidate

Although toyomoto is what they call "the best" they also are the highest in price 5000 an install for an engine and tranny? Excluding the parts other places will get you the turbo and install for way cheaper then toyomoto So dont stop at toyomoto keep looking.
Old 06-09-02, 03:49 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

It's 5,500$ for the stage 1. That is the manifold, turbo, piping/joints, and i/c. That is not installed and no tranny - ? Show me where there is a kit that is whole lot cheaper that you feel comfortable buying and I'll buy it too.
Old 06-09-02, 04:43 PM
Static911

Supercharger?

Area 51 Fabrications

I personally saw it on an Auto Sc300. The thing was SOOO quiet and it was hidden. Literally, you could not see the supercharger.

Good luck.

Ethan
Old 06-10-02, 04:44 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

SUPERCHARGERS ARE SLOW!!!! you get more hp...quieter engine and more fun with a turbo.....the motor was designed for a turbo...thats why it works so incredibly well....Jeff
Old 06-11-02, 05:18 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

and for that extra kick of speed on a daily driver a turbo works perfect......and you get more of a kick than an S/C Jeff
Old 06-11-02, 10:39 AM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does Toyomoto ship instructions? Mine is going to come soon. Just wondering.
Old 06-11-02, 01:17 PM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

the kit will include instrutions to a point...im not sure how elaborate on a stage 2.....youll have to talk to them
Old 07-04-02, 08:12 PM
philauldridge
Driver

I highly recommend converting to a Supra Twin Turbo engine. It is a perfect fit, even with your automatic, with little or no modifications.

Read about my conversion: www.fly-hawaii.com/lexustt
Old 07-14-02, 01:26 AM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by LS400 GOD

You know, people have different tastes. Some people just want an extra kick of speed on their daily driver.
then tell them to go buy a nitrous kit! it'll make the same kind of power as a supercharger and costs a WHOLE LOT LESS

turbo is the ONLY way to go for this motor... end of story

Toyomoto has the best "kit"

or you can piece one together yourself like I always wanted to do... performance factory has a nice tubular equal length turbo header, and I think RPS sells one as well (might be a log manifold though)
don't be getting the fmax kit unless you plan on replacing the manifold before you even put it in the car
Old 07-14-02, 01:33 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Bean

then tell them to go buy a nitrous kit! it'll make the same kind of power as a supercharger and costs a WHOLE LOT LESS

turbo is the ONLY way to go for this motor... end of story

Toyomoto has the best "kit"

or you can piece one together yourself like I always wanted to do... performance factory has a nice tubular equal length turbo header, and I think RPS sells one as well (might be a log manifold though)
don't be getting the fmax kit unless you plan on replacing the manifold before you even put it in the car
Old 07-14-02, 07:08 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Although toyomoto is what they call "the best" they also are the highest in price 5000 an install for an engine and tranny? Excluding the parts other places will get you the turbo and install for way cheaper then toyomoto So dont stop at toyomoto keep looking.
Sounds to me like you need to actually know something before you spout drivel like that.

Let me guess, you called Lance up and started talking about swap this, swap that, and how much for this how much for that? He said 5 grand. You probably didn't know what he was quoting.

on a milder turbo setup there is no swap of tranny needed, the kit could be bolt-on and, yes, you could have someone else install it.

Toyomoto charges what they do because they can. He's very busy to the point where he doesn't need new business, he's got such big a return customer base that keeps coming back.

As far as the kit is concerned, the Toyomoto stuff comes with everything you need to complete the job. Those parts are properly chosen, quality parts that work and keep on working. It has OEM durability.

Finally, Hermosa... I've written and photographed far more detailed instructions for the Toyomoto install, but it would cost you a differential.
Old 07-30-02, 02:24 PM
Legends6spd
Lexus Test Driver

good pt SC300T ,

Although that did just get me thinking. If toyomoto really doing so well they dont need new business, isn't that a flawed business model? Shouldn't they be expanding and getting more workers to be able to maximize their profits? Every business has an optimal point of supply vs demand. It just surprise me that lance wouldn't do the same.
Old 07-31-02, 12:02 PM
IS300TURBO
Driver

Originally posted by Legends6spd
good pt SC300T ,

Although that did just get me thinking. If toyomoto really doing so well they dont need new business, isn't that a flawed business model? Shouldn't they be expanding and getting more workers to be able to maximize their profits? Every business has an optimal point of supply vs demand. It just surprise me that lance wouldn't do the same.
well...i am going to add my .02...toyomoto is an awesome place...and lance knows his stuff...but if i was to own that company..i wouldnt want to expand....the bigger you get and more people working for...more problems...keep it simple...you might get busy...but at least you know whats coming in and going out....

Quick Reply: SC300 Horse Power Help