Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC3 GE-T updates

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-10, 12:48 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC3 GE-T updates

Well heres a few pics of the new turbo installed, seems to be running decent, widebands reading a little lean so I decided to tackle the fuel pump on this returnless thing, wish camera was working when I did it, the FPR is located near pump in tank it returns the fuel it doesn't need rite there.. so no way to up pressure with out gettn a return line made and getting that fpr out of there, so to be safe should I buy a computer next and try to up fuel(greddy e manage, AEM FIC) or just get the return line done and fpr and up it that way for now(limited on cash) normal driving cyles between 14.4-15.2 and when wot its 15-16 range I let off quick just to be safe seems to pull hard tho... Any input guys would be great I kno not many people are running this on the vvti and ive checked many is3 forums.
Attached Thumbnails SC3 GE-T updates-engine-upload-1.jpg   SC3 GE-T updates-front-upload-2.jpg  
Old 03-04-10, 01:28 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Looks great but a couple of things you should look into.
It looks like your oil feed line is almost on the side of the turbo. you may want to reclock your turbo so the middle section is a little bit more vertical. i am not sure what effects may result from the way it is now.

and how much psi are you running when you go lean. I would stop boosting if I were you entirely. a couple hard runs at 16AFR and you will blow the engine.
You should really run a fuel controller cause you need that way more than anything else.
FPR is oldschool way of doing it, and I wouldn't depend primarily on that for fueling, although down the road its probably a good idea to add a return line w/ a fpr anyways.

at least you have a regular hotwire maf, so you can get away with a piggyback sorta.

Last edited by Ali SC3; 03-04-10 at 01:34 PM.
Old 03-04-10, 01:39 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
Looks great but a couple of things you should look into.
It looks like your oil feed line is almost on the side of the turbo. you may want to reclock your turbo so the middle section is a little bit more vertical. i am not sure what effects may result from the way it is now.

and how much psi are you running when you go lean. I would stop boosting if I were you entirely. a couple hard runs at 16AFR and you will blow the engine.
You should really run a fuel controller cause you need that way more than anything else.
FPR is oldschool way of doing it, and I wouldn't depend primarily on that for fueling, although down the road its probably a good idea to add a return line w/ a fpr anyways.

at least you have a regular hotwire maf, so you can get away with a piggyback sorta.

..This man is right on about the oil line, and 16 on the AFR's...reclock the turbo so the feed and return lines are as vertical as possible, and for safe measure I would add a FRP with a return asap with some sort of piggy back and stay out of boost till you can get the fuel sorted out. Other than that, it looks great, very nice setup..dont see to many VVT-i na-t's.
Old 03-04-10, 02:34 PM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

nice NA-T setup man
Old 03-04-10, 08:53 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Ya I clocked the middle section like that for a reason the angle of the return mainly I wanted the most free flowing route, it hits the 5-7 psi, o2 range numbers might start to drop but im never on the gas long enough to find out, so i guess im going to research a return setup and go for that first..meanwhile try and find a job and then get some management and injectors in there. Anymore questions feel free to ask.
Old 03-05-10, 07:26 AM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice bro, what kit is that?
Old 03-05-10, 09:04 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

look on craigslist, for 100 or 200 bucks just grab a basic safc or an safc 2 if you are tight on cash.
7 psi thats all you need to dump extra fuel in there.
with stock injectors @7 psi some timing will be pulled when you raise the airflow signal to add in more fuel so you should be alright.
if you have upgraded fuel pressure/injectors than the safc wont be a good idea cause it will result in you having to lower your airflow signal overall to match the extra fuel, and the more you do this the more you are increasing the timing with the stock ecu = bad.

I hear the IS guys have good experences with the AEM FIC.
you could even use a stock turbo supra ecu with some minor modifications since your engine is coil on plug already, but It may be hard to find a vvti one (not even sure JDM supras had vvti, maybe an aristo??).

Btw you have a very clean setup, and +1 for building a vvti na-t.
keep us all posted!!

Last edited by Ali SC3; 03-05-10 at 09:15 AM.
Old 03-05-10, 05:55 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks guys it wasn't a kit just bought everything separate, ya thanks for all the advice just got a nice aeromotive afpr he paid like 200+ for and my return fitting should be in next week, well see how the fuel goes from there, prob looking toward the greddy blue management, but for now no more boosting just normal driving with the nice CEL.
Old 03-09-10, 09:39 PM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Well yesterday i disabled the stock in-tank FPR, And installed AFPR, had to use custom fitting re-tapped for fuel rail, and I didn't wait for return fitting to arrive I just installed my own for the rear, all lines under car were run nicely, with base pressure at 65 or so my A/F numbers are alott better, under boost I'm mid 10s- 11. And at 7lbs feels pretty good and sounds like a beast normal driving, heres some pics of how it looks as of now. I'll update when the cash comes in for Management and injectors.
Attached Thumbnails SC3 GE-T updates-fpr.jpg   SC3 GE-T updates-sexy-engine.jpg   SC3 GE-T updates-ass.jpg  
Old 03-09-10, 11:35 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Trevstuh
Very nice bro, what kit is that?
Any vids yet, and did you piece the kit together?
Old 03-10-10, 01:38 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

nice setup man, i'd recommend the AEM FIC, like someone mentioned the IS guys have good results with it. I actually have it for my car but am still untuned only running 4psi until i get tuned, runs perfect at 4psi right now like a factory boosted car, can't wait to save up some money for a tune though, i'm just gonna max out the stock fuel system around 8 to 10psi and call it a day..

video of my setup
http://www.streetfire.net/video/97-SC300-NAT_702210.htm
Old 03-10-10, 02:09 AM
RaphyV
Driver

Nice setups SC51 and aka paco. It's nice to see boosted VVT-i SCs.

aka paco what transmission do you have in your RSP SC?
Old 03-10-10, 09:19 AM
SC51
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks, Its not a kit I bought everything seperatley basically for a supra, it all bolted up good exhaust etc, I am going with the fic when I get $. My friend took a shi**y camera phone vid. Doesn't sound anything like it does in person, Supra dp Supra Midpipe to stock rear section with mufflers deleted just has the 2 stock resonators.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Wb4...eature=channel
Old 03-10-10, 10:00 AM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RaphyV
Nice setups SC51 and aka paco. It's nice to see boosted VVT-i SCs.

aka paco what transmission do you have in your RSP SC?

stock automatic trans with b&m trans cooler.
Old 03-10-10, 02:00 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice set up you got there.
Clock the center section so that the oil feed sits around 12oclock or 12.30 max and you should be good.
If you can use a VVTi ecu that would be great but some of them has the immobilizer so you don't wanna mess with those.

I love the Na-T W/O the distributor lol, i am doing the same conversion with my SC 95 SC300 VVTi NA-T should be fun.
Get a Job , save for the EMS,HG, Fuel and boost the help out of it.
Nice car GL

Quick Reply: SC3 GE-T updates