Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What is the matter with my car!

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-10, 03:37 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the matter with my car!

I cannot get my damn car to stay on, I did the 12v mod, I bought a new fuel pump, I changed all the fuses, all I can think is that the ecu has bad. The fuel pump doesnt come on all the time and never stays on longer than 10 minutes, I seriously can't figure this **** out, any ideas will be greatly apperciated.
Old 01-30-10, 03:43 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bad connection somewhere, bad maf, major vacuum leak...but looking at your sig, I see a 1J, so your on MAP so that would eliminate the bad maf..

throwing any codes? do you have an safc or any other piggy back installed?
Old 01-30-10, 03:52 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz
bad connection somewhere, bad maf, major vacuum leak...but looking at your sig, I see a 1J, so your on MAP so that would eliminate the bad maf..

throwing any codes? do you have an safc or any other piggy back installed?
I'm running map ecu 2
no codes
Old 01-30-10, 04:01 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

hmmm...that hit a stopping point for my thinking cause im not familiar with the map ecu..but with the fuel pump cutting out or just not coming on at all sounds like a bad connection or an ecu problem. when you did the 12v mod you did solder the wire correct? and for the occasional 10 minutes that it does run, how does it idle?
Old 01-30-10, 04:04 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

It idles fine, the fuel pump either doesnt come on at all when I try to start it, or comes on for 5-10 minutes, it just dies when it goes off.
Old 01-30-10, 07:15 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

let me do some thinking and see what I can come up with...maybe another 1J member running ME2 can chime in..
Old 01-30-10, 08:42 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

i have ran ME2. the only thing ic an think of is that when it warms up it then hits a cel that is either super rich or super lean, making it lean out and turn off. who tuned it. do you have a wideband? send me your map i will take a look at it. im having a hard time understanding what is really going on with your car. it turns off then wont start? or turns off then starts?, or all of the sudden the fuel pump just stops getting power?. try wiggling wires at the ECU and tapping on it.
Old 01-30-10, 08:53 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah, I kinda had this problem... I ended up saying eff my efi relay and ran a toggle from battery to fuell pump. I would recommend you getting a kit with a breaker if you feel like going the route, otherwise check your relay.!
Old 01-30-10, 10:15 PM
attzor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 1sxyrxy
i have ran ME2. the only thing ic an think of is that when it warms up it then hits a cel that is either super rich or super lean, making it lean out and turn off. who tuned it. do you have a wideband? send me your map i will take a look at it. im having a hard time understanding what is really going on with your car. it turns off then wont start? or turns off then starts?, or all of the sudden the fuel pump just stops getting power?. try wiggling wires at the ECU and tapping on it.
What happens is the fuel pump either does not come on at all, or turns off after a few minutes of idle. I do not have the software for the map 2 ecu, I bought the car with it in it, I know the car was tuned at some shop in ohio called bay area racing. The car was tuned on 110 octane, and I'm running pump, but I have been for a few months, I just run 12-18lbs of boost rather than the 25+ it was tuned on. Another issue I've noticed is that the battery in the car dies after a few days of being in there, with no lights on or use whats so ever, the battery was brand new too.

1siksc
I was thinking about going this route, I just want to be sure it's not an ecu issue first.
Old 02-03-10, 09:57 PM
1sxyrxy
Lead Lap

hmm. you could try the relay, but you need to catch it in the act and diagnose it while its happening. your going to have to check for a draw also.