Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Heat/AC question and some generally questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 10:21 AM
Nikolaos
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heat/AC question and some general questions

Hey all.

I have a 96 SC400. In the summer, I was using the AC and it blew ICE COLD air. It was great. Now that the winter is here and I wake up to 18 degree weather, I go to use the heat, but it doesn't work. It blows ice cold air. I don't know what the deal is.Sometimes, it smells like the heater is working and I get hot air after the driving for a bit. Is that a sign that there's something minor that I could adjust myself or should I take it to a mechanic.

Also, what's the deal with the defrosters? if it's cold and raining, they might as well not even be on because they get windshields get clear for a moment and then fog up again. Is this a universal problem?

I live in NYC and it snowed here about a week ago (about an inch) and my car was fish tailing all over. QUITE the scary ride to work. What do you guys recommend to keep me straight, aside from driving VERY slowly,which I'll continue to do anyway in the inclement weather.

Lastly, in the summer my power windows worked great. Now that's it FRIGID out, the windows roll up and down VERY slowly. I noticed this the other day when I went to pay a toll and the I had to open the door to hand the cashier the money, lol.

Thanks,
Nik

Last edited by Nikolaos; 01-05-10 at 01:52 PM.