Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte sc gurus needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-10, 12:17 PM
Drkgreensc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 1jzgte sc gurus needed!!

Alright this is my story I have a 1995 lexus sc300. I also had a "89" single turbo 1jz supra.Couple months back someone hit my supra on the side causing me not to drive it anymore. The Engine in the sc was on its last leg and I decided to swap the motor and put the one 1jz in my sc.I swap motor mounts and dropped the engine and 1jz trans in no problem....

Now this is where the headache comes in...

The body plugs dont match up which I knew it was so I thaught hey let me find the wiring diagrams for the sc300 and 1jz supra Boom no one has them online and mechanics are tight lipped about their wiring secrets. Dont get me wrong Im not scared of doing the wiring myself i have worked with cars electrical systems before its just that I never done something like this. I searched this site under my friend account as well as other sites with little to no info... the closest I seem to find is soarer motor going into a pre 89 and i was gonna just wire it backwards from the diagram but I want to make sure what I found is true before I messed up the computer on the car..

Also I wanna know about the alternator as well... Because I have a "95" the alt plug is on the body harness and the 1jz supra's alt plug is on the harness..

If anyone has a questions on the manual part of the swap ill be more than happy to answer them about the swap.

A Quick list of mods that came out of my supra that are going into my sc300
Single t70 1jzgte(jza70)
turbonectics evolution wastegate
3inch downpipe(Driftmotion)
aem wideband
new timing belt,waterpump (hydro fan delete),alt,starter
spal electric fans,reman radiator
walbro225 fuel pump
xspower Front mount intercooler with piping(blitz duel drive blow off valve on cold side)
greddy e01 and emanage blue combo with the aem wideband
autometer carbon fiber series gauges(volt,oil pressure,airflow)

That pretty much the mods as engine goes that I could remember.. Im sure theirs more but whoever could shed light on this project thanks(will take pics soon when my camera works again..lol)
Old 01-03-10, 02:22 PM

+1 i want to know this also in process of looking for a 1jz with a r154 i see alot of supra ones for the price i want. someone help this guy and send him a diagram of the supra 1jz harness! and send it to me too please!!! i think i seen the sc300 diagram somewhere it was here or on clubna-t i think ill check and post it up if i find it.

Drkgreensc just wondering ac and powersteering plug up also?

Last edited by djkevin510; 01-03-10 at 02:27 PM.
Old 01-04-10, 06:21 AM
Drkgreensc
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the support could you email me the link on the sc300 body plug pin out I could figure out the supra part its just the sc300 part thats im running in the dark.I know a few people that wired up a supra motor set to a sc300 and they said it was about 12 to 18 wires they needed to wire up but their tight lipped and how they did it. I searched the club lexus board since yesterday and their are alot of post but no results...lol so hopefully ill be the first in club lexus history to post the diagrams if i figure them out..
Old 01-05-10, 03:25 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

OP- you are being lazy on the search; what you seek is easily found on the internet - try harder.

many people share info, you just have to find it. tons of info posted on this forum for your questions, I learned the answers by searching...

google for the diagrams and you will find it, tons posted on supra mania etc, even with complete diy for conversion from mk3 etc.

you will need to systematically attack this one yourself, you can reference my spreadsheet in my sig link for sc300+2jzgte (jdm wiring and ecu) swap
Old 01-09-10, 02:46 PM
Drkgreensc
Driver School Candidate

djkevin510 I used the powersteering and ac accesories from the 2jzge engine with the 1jz little advice i could give someone doing the same swap as me is first the supra auto trans mount wont work because the holes are different on the mount. Easy fix is just redrill holes on the sc trans mount for the new screws. I dont know about the 5 speed cause I am auto.

My intercooler piping from my mk3 fit in my sc all i had to do is extend the mid pipes by 3 inches but it works. I didnt even have to extend the wireharness because it was already extended on my previous car. Overall the swap is pretty much straight forward swapping parts from my old mk3 into my sc but I kinda prefer the 1jz in the sc more room to work with...Sorry for not taking pics still working on the wiring part will keep u posted
Old 01-10-10, 09:45 PM
speed6
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im extending the harness... what a PITA. over 8 hours, and i had to call it quits for today, i burned through 200 ft of 18 ga wire, some 14, some 12, a whole **** load of heat shrink, 2 small tubes of electrical soilder, a lighter... even the wire stripper seems dull.
Old 01-12-10, 10:40 AM

i might be buying a 1jz setup that is already swaped in mk3 supra so the harness is already extended but i wonder if i have to extender it some more because i not sure if its the same length as if it was on a sc300. can anyone comfirm this?

i still have to figure out the body plug thing still someone do a write up =[
Old 01-12-10, 02:16 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The body plugs from the MK3 supra to the SC3 are different, it has to be rewire i have a 1JZGTE wiring Harness already extended and Mated with the 2JZGE harness to work 100% with the SC.
It's a manual Harness and i can convert it back to auto if you like PM me please.
The Harness conversion was done my DR Tweak.
Old 01-15-10, 06:47 PM
Drkgreensc
Driver School Candidate

@ djkevin510 my harness was already extended so when i put it in the sc300 it fit in the same exact place as the one from factory. Im at the stage were everything is bottled up im just tackling the wiring step by step. Honestly I found many diagrams on how to wire soarer 1jz in supra so what I am doing is following that as a diagram but backwards. So far so good all I did was the B1 plug and so far that b1 plug connects to all four body connectors.(Ik1,IK2,IJ1,IJ2)The b1 connector is pretty much ign and fuel and and tommorow ill tackle the other two connects then try and crank it.

But this is a question I got for you all I only sent power to ign and fuel but why when i connected the battery my cluster light up? I mean Isnt the M1 off the supra for the cluster and instrument sensors?
Old 02-17-10, 08:22 AM
SC2JZ300
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is easy. Just find a 95 Soarer harness and extend that. Everything plugs right in. And sell the MK3 harness.
Old 02-17-10, 03:26 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post Wtf

Originally Posted by SC2JZ300
This is easy. Just find a 95 Soarer harness and extend that. Everything plugs right in. And sell the MK3 harness.
This is what makes searchin for info so hard. when people chime in with pointless coments. hes not looking for another harness. he wants to make his harness work. if you dont have info on this why post. did it help him? he probably already knew that, but since he already had everything why not spend the time to rewire it. not tryin to be an *** but i spend alot of time searchin threads for info on futher mods. you find a good thread were you think theres a ton of info but you get post like these althroughout making the thread pointless.
Old 02-17-10, 09:33 PM
mptjimmy
Pole Position

do a search on the supra forums, like supra 1j wiring info

http://www.supras.nl/index.php?optio...d=38&Itemid=54

and supraforums.com and find a fsm for the sc300 for the chassis wiring, just search and you will find it,

as for the alternator, if youve done car wiring and understand the charging system then just rewire the alternator output to the body plug for chassis power,

Last edited by mptjimmy; 02-17-10 at 09:39 PM.