Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Sc400 Single T70 Turbo and 5speed conversion =)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-10, 07:58 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by turbodremz
thats just rude and completely unnecessary..keep that kind of BS to yourself and stop trolling the mans thread .
It's just not rude. It sounds like a old lady talking.
Old 02-07-10, 01:40 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts

OP, any updates?
Old 02-07-10, 10:11 PM
Mattmannz
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That old lady has done more performance 1UZ work than anyone else on here.

I believe his point was that more effort could be made to make the install look factory, as does the 300+ rwkw setup that he posted pics of.

Matt.
Old 02-07-10, 11:57 PM
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mattmannz
That old lady has done more performance 1UZ work than anyone else on here.

I believe his point was that more effort could be made to make the install look factory, as does the 300+ rwkw setup that he posted pics of.

Matt.
I didn't question his knowledge, nor saying he's right or wrong. But I'm not sure about if he had done modding the 1UZ more than anyone else here.
Old 02-08-10, 04:01 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Guys =) well I checked the both Cam position sensors and the crank position sensors with the multimeter are read between the 950-1250 ohms.. It gave me code 12 RPM Signal and 24 Intake Air Temp Signal.. I figured 24 what because I didnt have the MAF sensor plugged in, is the RPM sensor the crank position sensor aswell??.. Ok check it out from studying my 1uz 4runner the coils have NEG on both wires when the ign switch is off, when turned to on position they both have positive, and when starting and running one has positive and the other pulses positive, on my SC4 it just stays a constant positive when i crank it, you guys think it might be my igniters? or ECU? i meen the cars been sitting for 2years.. Im also considering changing the Main circuit opening Relay, I hear it clicking but not as loud as the others..
in conclusion I have fuel but no spark out of the coils which are both good coils
Old 02-08-10, 04:04 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

and about the stock look, yea its nice and all but I find it a bit.. well boring.. no offense tho lol its my personal opinion, I look at it as my own little v8 mk4 supra
Old 02-09-10, 08:57 PM
1995Lexusc
Pole Position

check all your wires. your connection wires to the camshafts sensors and the lower crankshaft sensor. make sure your coils are mounted and plugged in. make sure your ignitors are plugged. Also make sure you put in fresh fuel and the firing order are right.
Old 02-10-10, 11:52 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

yes crank sensor is your rpm sensor & firing sensor. & good luck with this build.

i had some nay sayers when i started my build on my "rear strut bar for SC's" but i just kept going and its done now, and it works, and its at the powder coaters right now. ill have pic's up by this weekend or early next week. I feels so good now that is done & it works. Just keep going, you wont know if it works untill u finish it.
Old 02-12-10, 03:29 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

kk cool.. and thanks man it really helps when u guys support, it keeps me moving a bit more

I am not getting fire out of the coils which are good, but im geting fuel, Im thinking of getting two igniters and main relay, what other toyota car takes thos number 201 igniters? i know the LS takes the 123 igniters and i think tercel takes 195
Old 02-23-10, 01:46 PM
05EX
Pole Position

Any new Updates?
Old 02-25-10, 07:09 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

Thumbs up Ignition!!

Guys! this thing was really getting to me my dad was looking thru the sc400 wiring diagrams and he found that the ground cable that goes to the right side cyl head was not connected, we connected it, sprayed a little bit of starter fluid thru the throttle body.. i turned the key and WE HAVE IGNITION!! I had the turbo off so the exhaust blew puffs of black and white smoke in my girlfreinds face! like a choo choo train! lol.. the engine was flooded from so many attemps of starting in the past and my battery was dead! so hopefully tomorrow well get it running! .. im really really stoked about this now i know everythings good and fabrication can continue!.. sry ive taken a while to update guys ive been a bit loaded lately since i just started my season training I do Body Building and I just have to get use to being drained
Old 02-25-10, 08:22 PM
Tylerw1
Rookie

Take a video of it's first start up! Very interested in this build!
Old 02-26-10, 09:21 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Im curious as to how you are going to run your downpipe. Also did you move the fuse box yet? That turbo is going to melt it pretty quickly if you don't
Old 02-28-10, 04:35 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

The turbo were going to insulate and turn it at a different angle so that the down pipe routes under the right side exh manifold.. guys this thing has me chasing my tail here lol today we checked for spark and the top coil was firing the bottom wasnt, and then non were firing lol idk whats going on here.. Im guessing the igniters might be bad anyone know how to test them??
Old 03-03-10, 05:36 PM
CarlosR347
Driver

woohoo: got it Running guys! This car has never made me so happy.. My dad was at the throttle and it back fired scared the hell out of him making me lol.. the transmission was in neutral the mid drive shaft isnt connected seems like my cross breeding worked as far as the coupling of the flywheel/clutch/transmission worked Today we installed the AC compressor and stuff, the front end is off to make room for the intercooler and piping ..
cant wait to get behind the wheel of this thing! .. This thing was loud I didnt know the neighborhood had so many dogs it had them barking for a good half hour lol.. gotta find an apexi SAFC now

http://s133.photobucket.com/albums/q...nt=startup.flv

Quick Reply: Sc400 Single T70 Turbo and 5speed conversion =)