Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Tune up causes A/C heat to not work...

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-09, 04:39 PM
TunerLexx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Tune up causes A/C heat to not work...

Okay, so I got spark plugs and wires along with fuel injector cleaner. I start my car up to warm it up before using the cleaner on the vacuum line. The whole time I'm waiting for my car to reach norm operating temp I'm using the heat...and it was working fine. So I use the cleaner (poured some in gas tank and some used through the brake booster line...it was a 3-1 cleaner for the gas tank, vacuum line and crankcase) then I replaced all of the plugs and wires, put it back together cranked it and the car ran smooth and clean just like I was hoping, except when I proceeded to drive around the block just to make sure everything was fine, it wasn't. For some reason my car gets halfway up the temp gauge like usual but the heat won't kick on...I manually turned on the vents to blow air and it was ice cold (outside temp) but the a/c isn't on.

I knocked a line by the dash firewall on the intake/evaporator's side of the engine and some coolant leaked out (while i was replacing the spark plugs) but I have full coolant and there isn't a steady/current leak while the car is running or when revved...I didn't think doing a tune up would clog my heater core but that's the way it's acting. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

ps. the heat was working fine right before i replaced the plugs an hour before. Also, my friend said I need to change the thermostat...but the car isn't running cold or overheating...he's wrong, right? lol Thermostats are cheap so I was gonna get one to try it...
Old 12-06-09, 06:45 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

air in the system...get a fill funnel to make life easier, or stop by a shop with a vacuum filler....shouldn't take more than 15 minutes for them to do it...Prob around $25 if the shops legit.
Old 12-07-09, 09:18 PM
TunerLexx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out it was the thermostat like my buddy said...go figure...swapped it, burped the system and added coolant...it works fine now lol
Old 12-07-09, 09:38 PM
Gspec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was prob only air, (the timing was to big a coincidence) but glad you got it fixed.