Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

need help..where do these all the vac lines go? na-t with ttmanifold project

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-09, 09:05 PM

Default need help..where do these all the vac lines go? na-t with ttmanifold project

Help i cant get the car to idle... read post 4 thanks

ok guys I'm almost done and thinkin about starting the car mybe the end of the weekend if i can figure out were to put the vac lines... so as some of you know i did a na-t with a tt intake manifold welded to the ge lower runners. please help me figure out these vac lines! its on the only thing that is that i dont know...other than this all i need to do is put the ic piping on and feed line for the turbo and spark plug wires on and it should be it... i also have a 4 runner distrubter i took the whole cap and housing off while in this build i don't know where it has to be lined up to start the car if anyone can help me with that...

here's a pic of what i have so far

NOTE- i did a egr delete

here a pic of the hard lines right behine the intake manifold can you guys tell me where each color vac line go's? i know that some need to be connect to the intake manifold it self.

do i need this? if i do where do they connect to?

i know that the stuff in red i can plug it up or use it for the vac lines for the manifold...so where does that vac line that is white connects to?

there is also a vac line that comes from the fuel line that i need to know where it go's

thanks guys!!!!

Last edited by djkevin510; 12-03-09 at 06:31 PM.
Old 12-03-09, 09:50 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow i cant believe you actualy did it

The 3 vacume lines in the TB are all the same.You can plug one line from fuel thingy.

the second one from the heater VSV (heater valve)

Third one could be from any leftover vacum...lol idont know.

Anyway,the EGR crap can all go.Remove the metal tube harness in the back of the engine all together.(i think its held on 2-10mm bolts)

You dont need that black box in the third pic.Unplug it and plug the vacume line that connects to it,from where it begins.

Its kinda hard telling you how to hook up these vacume lines without being there.But You will need to plug at least 3 vacume lines(nipples) when deleting EGR, so dont freak out if you dont have enough vacume lines.
Old 12-03-09, 09:58 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Ok i just looked at my car and the vacum line in the last pic(white highlight) goes to the vacume nipple on the TB.
Attached Thumbnails need help..where do these all the vac lines go? na-t with ttmanifold project-pic2example-1.jpg  
Old 12-03-09, 06:29 PM

failure...i tryed to start the car so many times today it just wont idle..... i capped off all the vac lines behine the manifold all the metal vac pipe stuff is that a right thing to do? I had all the other vac lines go into the tb and manifold....but cant get the car to idle at all...it like it will idle for like 2 secs then pop pop then idlee then bog bog bog then dies. I would have to throttle just a little just to get the car to turn on. If i throttle hard the car dies...if i throttle a little little by little then i can keep the car on for a good min or so.. what do you guys think? im thinking mybe i have a leak somewhere anywhere from head to the lower runners "mybe need a new gasket" or some where where the lower runners bolt up to the tt manifold? mybe a leak somewhere there....is this symtoms of a leak? tomrrow ill take everything apart and double check that everything is connected i have a feeling there is a ground or a pug hidden that i didnt see.... as for now im done for the night thanks guys!!!

it sucks i been working on this project for almost 3 months and this sh!!t wont even turn on...
Old 12-03-09, 07:07 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

make sure you have the maf plugged in

check 2 grounds that go to the bottom of the intake manifold by oil filter

Dont forget the sensors under the intake, on the block(water,2 knock sensors)

Most of the time its the small stuff that make you go
Old 12-03-09, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by LEX_MAN
make sure you have the maf plugged in

check 2 grounds that go to the bottom of the intake manifold by oil filter

Dont forget the sensors under the intake, on the block(water,2 knock sensors)

Most of the time its the small stuff that make you go
can it be the the water or knock sensors? that cause this? lol i think i have a unpluged one that i cant get to becuase my hands are to dam big lol
Old 12-03-09, 10:00 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Water definitely will, because when it cant read the water sensor,it will shut down the engine. The knock sensor wil throw a code and drive funny, but will not bog down.

I remember when one of the ground wires was loose on the intake ,my temp gauge went up and the engine bogged down and died,untill i tightened up. I guess it detects the faulty signal and it shuts down the engine as a precaution of overheating or something.
Old 12-04-09, 08:38 AM

so i pluged in the knock sensor..im guessing its the knoc sensor cuz its in the back near the tranny right? and its still doing the same thing....but im not able to get the sensor on near the pump becuase i broke the clip is that the water sensor? can that be the problem?
Old 12-04-09, 11:21 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

there are 2 knock sensors and one water sensor. The knock sensors are at the front and the back of the engine and the water sensor is at the front.So it might be either one at the front.

Ok heres something better

So the coolant temp sensor is higher than the knock sensor(2,3)
Attached Thumbnails need help..where do these all the vac lines go? na-t with ttmanifold project-knock-sensors-coolant-sensor.jpg  

Last edited by LEX_MAN; 12-04-09 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 11:42 AM

so its eather 1 or 2...the plug that i broke has 2 wires the sensor next to it has 1 wire...would you know witch one that is?
Old 12-04-09, 03:10 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

I'm not %100 sure but i think it IS the coolant temp sensor. I remember i stretched the crap out of my knock sensor wire and it only had one wire.

Does your temp gauge work?
Old 12-04-09, 06:14 PM

HMM i wonder if this is making the car over head and making it idle bad and die out.... thanks bro! mybe this is making my car die out cuz over heating and then mybe the timing on my dizzy is off so it this is why its hard to start the car...

soo eveything comes down to...
1.coolent temp sensor - making car over head and kills the car?
2."MYBE" dizzy timing is off - making it hard to start and bad hard idle "the car seems like it will idle idle then sounds like by it self it will idle harder then idle less as if i was holding the throttle a little and letting go a little"
but i have to hold the throtle a little to even keep the engine running? why cant i let go of the thottle and let the car idle by it self? it just dies out if i let go of throtle
3.mybe there is a leak somewhere in the runners? mybe a bad gasket or a leak where ge runners and tt runners are bolted up together?- can this be why the idle jumps up and down?

i checked all the plugs are in....2 grounds i dont see any loose plugs execpt for the egr plug. i dont have a resister on the plug yet can this by why also?
Old 12-04-09, 06:40 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

I'l see if i can unhook my coolant temp sensor tomorow and i'l get back to you. PM me for a reminder.

So your temp gauge goes up?
Old 12-04-09, 08:09 PM

i didnt really check but when i did while the car was on it was in the middle or almost in the middle is that to hot?
Old 12-05-09, 09:43 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Ok just checked it. I disconnected the water temp sensor(2 wire plug) and it didnt do anything.The car was idling fine, so i revved it to see if it will bog, but everything was fine.
Same with the knock sensor,i disconnected it and it didnt make any difference.(exept throw the check engine light)

I talked to my neighbor and he said you most likely have an air leak somewhere.

You did plug all the unused vaccum lines right? Sorry for a dumb question,but i had to ask.

Quick Reply: need help..where do these all the vac lines go? na-t with ttmanifold project