Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jz wiring blues

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-09, 11:55 PM
convoy
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1jz wiring blues

i need some help if anyone can give it to me...

i recently purchased a 1jzgte motor, only to find that the harness isn't complete. i guess i shoulda asked about what they meant by "wiring harness included". anyways, so here are pics of what i'm dealing with.

the 2 sets of wires on the right have been chopped.

the middle of the wiring has been chopped.

here are the remaining 2 plugs that go into the ecu, and 1 body plug.

would anyone have any pictures of how the harness is supposed to look? i'm sure i'm missing a couple more body plugs. i've heard of phoenixtuning, but do i have other options from here? can i purchase the missing plugs and try to wire them myself? any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 11-30-09, 08:25 AM
enslaved87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ..

It would appear that you have a Chaser engine set(at least the harness) - not a soarer. I just got done going through this myself. If you're good with wiring, you can cut your old 2jz harness and remove the body plug section and integrate them into the chaser harness. But I will say that this isn't for the faint of heart. It took me a solid 12 hour day to complete it and I've built a LOT of harnesses (Haltech, Motec, swaps, etc.). Mind you, this was the first time with this exact situation so I imagine I could get it done in 3-4 hours the second time around, but still -- you're in for a treat.