Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

New Ebay Exhaust Out

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-09, 05:43 PM
GRN MNSTR
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ebay Exhaust Out

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lexus...item35a4b30bbd

Was just browsing and came across this... not sure if it's new or not, just the first time I've seen them or heard of it...the pipes look nice in my opinion...any other thoughts?
Old 11-08-09, 08:42 PM
Durrby
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 39 Posts

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...or-the-sc.html
Old 11-08-09, 10:01 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GRN MNSTR: Yeah, I saw this exhaust last week. I've been exchanging emails with the seller. I commented that the exhaust tips are way too big and will probably get more sale if it was smaller. The tips are too big for my taste anyway. He managed to convince his supplier to make a new batch (smaller tips). The price is definitely not bad at all for 2 mufflers. He is also selling the non colored tips for like $269 w/free shipping. I told him i'd like to see how the new batch looks and for him to send me some pictures as soon as the prototype is done from his supplier.
Old 11-08-09, 10:46 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the tips are perfect. Really feels out the rear valance. I might swap out my magnaflows if I can get a sound clip.
Old 11-09-09, 12:29 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

PM me your email and i'll email you some of the pictures/video clips that seller sent me from his customer..... But yeah, the tips are way too big for my taste.

Anyway, here they are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLa4NwRdKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iJ1hjgJW3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFJXAPFI2U
Old 11-09-09, 12:36 AM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Seller's comment regarding those video clips bellow.... copy/paste from email he sent me.

Attached actual pictures from customer. and sound clips not the best quality but ok. The sound clips were recorded immediately after instalaltion and is not broken in yet, the sound will be much better after drivein couple hundred miles. .
Attached Thumbnails New Ebay Exhaust Out-lexus_sc300-400_installed_exhaust__1.jpg   New Ebay Exhaust Out-lexus_sc300-400_installed_exhaust__2.jpg   New Ebay Exhaust Out-lexus_sc300-400_installed_exhaust__3.jpg  
Old 11-09-09, 09:45 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they look good..almost enough to convince me to go back to dual exhaust...almost
Old 11-09-09, 09:51 AM
GRN MNSTR
Pole Position

^^^agreed^^^
Old 11-09-09, 11:39 AM
S14eva1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

actually I think the big tips would be a good idea on cars that have aftermarket bumpers like AC or Vertex.....seems like they would fill in the big gaps better

On stock bumpers the smaller tips would be a better choice....I also think the tips shood sit an 1" further in to get a flush look with the bumper.I Just think it looks a little cheesy when exhuast tips sit 3" - 4" pass the bumper

Last edited by S14eva1; 11-09-09 at 11:50 AM.
Old 11-09-09, 01:21 PM
GRN MNSTR
Pole Position

I do agree with you about the tips sticking so far out past the bumper, but yeah you made a good observation!
Old 11-09-09, 02:16 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

i watched the videos and i feel that your going to need a header to get the real sound u want. what mods were done to the car
Old 11-09-09, 02:44 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
I think they look good..almost enough to convince me to go back to dual exhaust...almost
lol almost?? you should, with your read i think the burnt tips would look sick, also on my dwp..so im almost thinking about these also.mainly because ill take anything over my square tips

Last edited by ashtray; 11-09-09 at 02:48 PM.
Old 11-09-09, 03:07 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Seller says his customer used an adjustable tip (can be moved in/out). He claims that the guy didn't want to burn the bumper of have black fumes all over it. Otherwise, the production ones will be a little in (i guess).......... but yeah.. 4.5" tip? you guys like that?

copy/paste his email below

That installed picture is with titanium tip sleeve which had length adjustment customer had teh tips outward more afraid being bumper built black color from exhaust fumes. I will forward the picture to my supplier I can't guaranteed they will have the new batch in that style but for sure will be smaller size. Thank you !
==================================================================
Old 11-09-09, 03:14 PM
GRN MNSTR
Pole Position

I don't think 4.5" is bad...i have basically a 5" tip on mine, granted it's single exit...so I don't think 4.5 would be bad at all
Old 11-09-09, 04:23 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Hhhmm... Yeah it just looks way to big for me. It looks good from a distance but as you get close to the car, (for me) it seems like the hole will suck you in hahahaaa.... It does fill in the rear bumper pretty good tho. I think I'd go for a 3.5" tip if I were to get one.

Quick Reply: New Ebay Exhaust Out