Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Hey MadMaxSC400 !!!

Old 04-30-02, 05:38 PM
lex1997
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey MadMaxSC400 !!!

Here is the question for you.

Does Weapon-r ECU remove the speed limiter on our SC400 or not.
And I was wondering what is your 0-60 mile time with all the mods. you got.
Thanks.
Old 05-01-02, 06:43 AM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plan on doin' over 150? Better purchase some radar-proof tag covers along with the ECU....
Old 05-01-02, 07:01 AM
SSmith
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

My speedometer is probably off, but mine goes 152 and then falls on her face. Played with a new BMW 330 this morning coming to work, last time that happens. Those cars will move.

Shane
Old 05-01-02, 12:58 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

How many times do you plan to drive in excess of 150mph and why??? Just because you can do it doesn't make it a good idea. Hell you could drive your car with your feet if you wanted, that doesn't mean you should! I've taken my SC to 135 and I felt I was pushing my luck at that point. At 150mph, if you sneeze while you're driving you'll wrap. I'll step off the soapbox for now...
Old 05-01-02, 01:29 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Already have a mother and a wife.. Guy makes a comment on here and gets ripped. I would make some smart *** comment or none at all, but at the ripe old age of 34 I believe I can do just about what I want to without answering to anybody else. As far as speed goes, some people drive better than others at high rates of speed, me being one of them. 150 mph jaunts aren't that frequent, but at 5:30 a.m. on open highway this morning, I thought "what the hell". It's funny, you ask for some tech support on here an can't get anyone to answer. Make a comment about going fast an "here we go".....No offense Lex.

Shane
Old 05-01-02, 01:44 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Shane, first of all I wasn't referring to you in my post. Everyone takes their cars to the limit at least once just to say they did. My post was referring to lex1997 who wants to remove the governor, which governs the SC at 150mph. This implies that he has the intent to drive above the speed of 150 mph. If he's willing to spend money to make it happen, this means he probably plans to do so more than once. Criticizing criticisms on style and whatnot is one thing, but this is common sense saftey. The SC400 was not built for 150+ mph travel. Sorry if I sounded like a housewife or a nagging mother to you.
Old 05-01-02, 02:46 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Hehe, gotta jump back in on this one, Shane's my NOS bud, so naturally I would tend to agree with him, but lex400sc you have a verrry good point. It's okay to sound like a nag every now and then if you happen to be totally right. This car is not designed for repeated 150+ , nor is any public road, choose life! I've got as much b@lls as the next guy, maybe sometimes too much, but get pulled over once at that speed and it's your license. Sooo, that means you gotta run, and that's where the trouble starts. Yes, i've been roadblocked, no kidding. I've had my SC up to 137mph, that seemed to be the limit at which the car was fully comfortable, was racing a friend's '00 Si, it seemed a little skitish at that point, had already won, at it was windy, so I figured what's the point. If you haven't beaten the guy by 150, it ain't gonna happen. Plus, Shane, what happens if you hit an Armadillo @ 150?
- Jon
Old 05-01-02, 03:13 PM
SSmith
Instructor

Screw the armadillos, it's the freaking white tail deer I worry about!!!!!!! Only the third or fourth time I've done it. Hell, that's tame compared to the Ram Air, had it buried at 165 when i pulled out of it. Scared to death. The lex is sos stable at that speed though. Take care bro.

S
Old 05-03-02, 03:33 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

I've approached 140 MPH in my car, but I don't have much opportunity to do it. The speed limiter so far as I know isn't specifically removed.. however, it might remove it because the chip takes over the fuel mapping. So unless there's a separate fuel cut, it may.. I don't know though. 0-60 times were cut by a full second from stock to finish.
Old 05-03-02, 04:05 PM
SCV8
Instructor

Smile

Max,the other day I was on an un-interupted stretch of highway,hammered it up to about 120-130,and it began to really pull at around that speed.It kind of scared me,so I backed out of it after a few seconds.Was grinning for a good while afterwards.
Have you noticed this,or even had the chance?
Old 05-03-02, 04:08 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

It starts to get into the better part of the power band when it does that, so the car will give better acceleration, plus the car squats a bit from the downforce and airflow is improved.
Old 05-03-02, 04:10 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

Now that we are talking speed, what was the fastest speed you guys have been pulled over at. I have gone over 140 in my SC400 but I have only been caught and stopped once over 120MPH. It was in Los Angeles on the freeway in the late evening. I had been doing this thing where I see how fast I can get home from work so each day I went faster and faster until I cut down my commute to 12 minutes including 13 miles of freeway with 3 freeway changes and 4 miles of stop light rich street driving. Okay that IS bad to do and I am glad noone got hurt since this was a daily activity. I don't do that anymore. Back to the ticket, me being a very lawful person(normally) pulled over real fast. Probably freaked out the cop by stopping so quick too. I ended up not losing my license. The trick at that point is not to say anything. You whine and you get fined big. The ticket cost me under $100
Old 05-03-02, 04:13 PM
Hermosa
Lexus Champion

BTW Madmax,

I am going to meet up with Leo this Tuesday and fine tune the mods I bought from him. So maps should be ready for folks who want the Weapon R ECU\Cold Airbox\HyperIntake\V2 Dragon Filter\and Ram Air Combo...(catching breath). Best part being that I will be able to provide dyno numbers
Old 05-03-02, 04:17 PM
lex400sc
Lexus Fanatic

Every car has multiple speed governors. Even if you isolate and remove one there's a dozen others around the drivetrain that'll still take you out.
Old 05-03-02, 04:24 PM
MadMaxSC400
Lexus Test Driver

Hermosa sounds like you're having some weird problems.. one of the things I did that helped my car was to stop having it serviced at the dealer. The 5000 mile oil change is ridiculous, the oil looked like black latex paint when I changed it at 4000 miles. The pinging will slow down/stop if you start using synthetic oil. Also, experiment with gas to see who has better gas. I have the exact same setup as you do, and it shouldn't give the trouble like Leo described to me.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey MadMaxSC400 !!!