Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Megasquirt II v3.0 Q's & A's

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 12:30 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Megasquirt II v3.0 Q's & A's

Well I am wondering if anyone of you have taken on this challenge without the trigger wheel most people use?
As I have read there is information here and there about this subject and there even is a sticky on clubna-t. People have got this to work... but they don't do a write up or they use a trigger wheel. I will post and gather information or link to more information on this if anyone is interested.

A few question I know will be asked:

Q: Why?
A: It's a full standalone ECU, Cost for the bare kit is around $250 (disassembled)

Q: Is it plug and play?
A: Nope

Q: Why not go with another brand or piggyback?
A: It's the price of piggyback for a full ECU. It's also been used widely in the car/truck/customs world. A lot of support and just tons of data for it. Open source and upgradeable.

Q: Downsides of MS?
A: Even though there is a lot of data it's hard to get a DIY step by step for our cars. It can and has worked on JZ's but with having to mod the harness and adding/changing components.

Q: What's the goal of this Thread?
A:I hope to eventually have a step by step guide on how to install and modify this EMS/ECU with the least amount of modifications of equipment and/or engine harness.

I am not a guru/pro of MS but I will try to answer or find the answer to any questions asked.

Information and links will be posted later on today or week.