Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Going Single Turbo.. Need some help!

Old 10-17-09, 09:21 PM
931jz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going Single Turbo.. Need some help!

ok guys i decided to go single turbo on my 1jz sc300 ive been looking alot for parts and kinda hard to put together a price list of what all i need i have a pretty good idea what i need but do you guys have any websites and prices i can go to so i can start ordering my stuff..
where can i get my: Injectors w/pack, fuel pump, my feed lines, and a ecu to run the setup?
also my car is an auto just wondering how much hp the stock auto will handle and what i can do it get make it stronger i want to keep it auto...
Old 10-18-09, 11:31 AM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It really depends what you are buying. Do you want name brand or generic, new or used, etc. You can check Driftmotion for some affordable parts, I think they even sell a single turbo setup (no idea of quality). Otherwise try ebay for individual parts and piece the kit together. You may want to check out supraforums for stuff like injectors and supramania for general 1jz turbo info/parts. Where in TX are you?
Old 10-18-09, 04:26 PM
931jz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im in abilene tx.
Old 10-18-09, 05:13 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

^ agree with matador, and also supraforums has some good used turbo if you want to spend a buck, if you get something bigger than a 61mm I'll recommend 58 ar exhaust housing or something close for streetabilty and fun depending on what mods you have. driftmotion has all the fittings and they also have the ebay manifold, dump pipe, and downpipe kits as well the kit is cheap the fittings aren't to bad price wise. if you can find a drain fitting for the turbo that has a tube that extends below the turbo and clears manifold ect... get those there easier to deal with installing. horsepower on the tranny is debatable but not much pass 400 I think.. find a local place to fab your pipes and I recommend putting a flex section in your downpipe. if you go cheap I think you can have all your parts for somewhere around 1500 + or - a few bucks, and that doesn't include the fab work on the pipes unless you do it yourself and thats with a ok turbo not top of the line like Bullseye turbos. and let me specify that the price is for the turbo items only excluding wastegate, inj, res pack, ect. the rest can vary more in price than those items. and its more complicated than what I described so if you haven't already make sure you do your own research before the upgrade.
Old 10-18-09, 09:52 PM
Matador
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may also see who is avail in your area to tune the car once its done. Pick whatever management system they are most familiar with.
Old 10-18-09, 10:52 PM
shonuff53
Lead Lap

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I didn't mention earlier but the lines come out better custom, first do a mock setup of how your turbo will be permanently and then get some measurements and dont forget the extra slack you need to get the fittings on. the reason I say this is because the line length will vary depending on how your setup is and you can also pick out the best angle for your fittings and the particular setup.