Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Help! Bad ECU or Bad wiring? New swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 05:33 PM
vangb2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Bad ECU or Bad wiring? New swap

I would like to thank many of CL member for posting and supporting forms which made it possible for me to progress as far as I did on my project.

I have been working on a 1jzgte swap on my sc300 for the last 5 weeks and there has been up and down but I was able to find solutions due to all the CL forms. Now i'm stuck and I cannot find a form on this topic.

Swap mods: 1jzgte+R154 w/extension (done by Aaron @Driftmotion) big single t88 (got it for free), SS manifold , 60mm greddy waste gate, manual intake manifold, and a bunch of other stuff.

Here is the problem: "No injector signals (-) from ecu." There is full constant power to the injectors.

I have spent several hours diagnosing and came to a conclusion that it is the ecu not outputting a negative signal to any of the injector. When I manually apply negative power to the injectors, it sprays fuel like crazy; but if I crank, it will not spray fuel.

1. Does anyone have a schematic on the 1jz ecu?
2. Anyone know what the computer looks for before sending pulse to the injectors?
3. Does anyone think that my ecu maybe bad?

Please Help!

Thanks

I think I have found the problem but I'm not sure. I don't see any signals from the ignitor "IGF" back to the ecu. I was reading up some forms and they mention that the ecu will detect IGF(spark) signals and then the ecu will send signals to the injectors accordingly. Now here is the question, how do you test the IGF from the ignitor? I use a test light to see if there was any pulse but I think i'm doing it wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by vangb2; 09-14-09 at 04:58 PM.
Old 09-22-09, 10:38 PM
vangb2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, It's been a week since I have been back to check if there was anyone that can help. I guess not, but I have decided to go standalone with a Stinger ECM 6860 from Driftmotion after I have explained to Aaron whats going on with my ecu. I may possible have some leaking capacitors. Aaron was going to map the ecu with the basic to get me going until I can get it running. I'll post updates if anyone cares
Old 09-23-09, 05:18 AM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The 1JZ are prone to go bad, you may wanna try a different 1jz ecu and see what happen.