Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Somebody help! Please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-09, 01:20 PM
AEMxRACER
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody help! Please!

Ok, so I have a huge problem. I was driving home this morning and I noticed my steering wheel felt a little hard. By the time I got off the highway, I realized it was barely turning. In order to make a right turn I had to grab the steering wheel with both hands and use all of my force to get it to turn 45 degrees. I couldnt even get the car to turn up into the driveway. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem with the power steering before? It will not budge! Also, while I was driving home, the battery light came on as well....I assumed that the problems are not related, but could they be? Additionally, the CEL is on and the gauge says the traction control is off, for the past 2 weeks though both of these lights have been turning on every time I get below a 1/4 tank and then they disappear when I fill it back up....

What is going on with my car?!?!?! If anyone can provide any advice it would be greatly appreciated.....I just got the car back from the shop not even 2 weeks ago after having the ECM rebuilt (shortcircuited) and replacing a bad crankshaft power sensor
Old 09-08-09, 01:22 PM
AEMxRACER
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Somebody please help!

Ok, so I have a huge problem. I was driving home this morning and I noticed my steering wheel felt a little hard. By the time I got off the highway, I realized it was barely turning. In order to make a right turn I had to grab the steering wheel with both hands and use all of my force to get it to turn 45 degrees. I couldnt even get the car to turn up into the driveway. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem with the power steering before? It will not budge! Also, while I was driving home, the battery light came on as well....I assumed that the problems are not related, but could they be? Additionally, the CEL is on and the gauge says the traction control is off, for the past 2 weeks though both of these lights have been turning on every time I get below a 1/4 tank and then they disappear when I fill it back up....

What is going on with my car?!?!?! If anyone can provide any advice it would be greatly appreciated.....I just got the car back from the shop not even 2 weeks ago after having the ECM rebuilt (shortcircuited) and replacing a bad crankshaft power sensor
Old 09-08-09, 01:31 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check your serpentine belt
Old 09-08-09, 01:35 PM
evileagle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also check your power steering fluid....