Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

sc300 ge build

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 04:50 PM
superSC3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sc300 ge build

Hey,
im doing an NA-T build and am shooting for 800+whp. i know its not gonna be cheap and i made a list of parts. i have an extra 2jzge that i got for $200 so i couldnt pass it up. i was just curious if there is anything im missing (im sure there is, thats why im here) and if there is anything that is not needed:

BC 3.4L stroker kit
bigger valves
3mm head gasket
gasket kit
big turbo kit (which is best?)
oil cooling kit.
injectors
getrag 6spd tranny
clutch masters 4 puck kit
TT rear end
AEM EMS standalone
lightweight pully's
Carbon fiber
brembo brake kit.

this clearly isnt everything and i figure a few inputs should bring the list to a close. please dont tell me do go GTE. i like the NA-T setup.
thanks!
Old 08-27-09, 04:58 PM
99SC42
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will not mess with the BC stroker kit, i would do the TMS kit the best ever
BL turbo kit with AEM
Old 08-27-09, 06:45 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

man thats a healthy and costly list you got there and some parts unecessaryparts as well

no need to go stroker period.. good cp pistons , coated on dish and skirts with same coated acl race bearings , polished and balanced crank some crower rods pref h beam , a 74mm or even a pte71dbb billet wheel with a .96 hotside ,1200 cc inj , aem or haltech, a good ffim like fsm or hypertune , some 268 deg cams tit springs and retainer ( to safelt raise limit to around 8200 rpm) you dont need bigger valves , bigger doesnt always eqaute to better, you dont need 3mm hg , just use tt headgasket with 8:5:1 forged pistons, bosch 044 intank or denso intank feeding to a bosch 044 inline pump with -8an line from tank split into 2 -6an lines to rail with -6an return line to tank , a good fpr and bam 800 + on race gas

unless you plan to road race oil cooler kit is overkill , using proper weight oil and good brand is all you need

clutch will need to be a twin or triple disk to be effective

diff needs to be the 3.13 6sp lsd diff not tt or else gearing will suck with a v160 which means custom driveshaft and new 6 sp axles = $$$$$$$$
Old 08-28-09, 12:53 PM
That-Guy
Pole Position

if your goal is to make 800 hp your build is ridiculous... but if your goal is to make the best 800 hp you can, then i understand the stroker. I think alpha has a 3.4 litre on supraforums that has a street tune for around 800 hp and his car from what i understand is a road BEAST.

Oh and if your going for the ultimate build, why not throw a trd lsd in there instead of the stock 6 speed
Old 08-28-09, 01:36 PM
superSC3
Driver School Candidate

whats the difference between the trd lsd and the getrag? im assuming it will last longer but if the price diff isnt too bad considering the total bill then sounds decent and ill look it up.
the reason fot the stroker kit is so i can keep adding more power if i feel the need down the road, and unless it weakens the block or if just better forged pistons of the factory bore will do the same thing i might as well go with it. (i only want to build it once ha)
scratch the valves, ok
and the oil cooling kit? what would cause it problems with overheating? how much power is too much for a weekend driver?
and wouldnt the 3mm Headgasket run better with the turbo? all these kits im seeing give a hint to the 3mm as opposed to factory. and they're trying to convince me that if i go with copper i wont have to buy another one.