Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC400 2jz swap "with pics

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-09, 04:42 PM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 2jz swap "with pics

First Hello everyone ive been lurking this site for awhile and thought id introduce myself and give some insight to my current project.

Im currently about two days into swapping my built 2jz and single turbo setup with AEM EMS into my SC400 of course im running into a couple snagsthat i hope the community might be able to help me out on as far as whiring to the body harness and how some of you all manage your fuel systems for those with "aftermarket setups". Here is a basic rundown of the setup and suspension that will be done followed by pics ill try to post as many pics as possible in hopes that it helps soemone else who is contemplating or needs insight on this swap thanks in advance....

Engine:
Built shortblock
Titan fuel rail
1000cc injectors
dual 255 fuel pumps
Garrett Gt42r
Boostlogic built Trans w/3800 stall
diret port nitrous
4" custom DP/MP/Exhaust with boostlogic canister "will have it redone to a dual setup once i aquire another BL canister

ECU:
AEM EMS w/AEM Boost solonoid

Suspsension:
Gab struts w/eibach springs

Interior:
Sparco Seats and steering wheel
Dual Nitrous bottle bracket
"think of custom gauge pod setup"

Wheels:
Polished CCW Classics

Now onto progress pics.

Day one:

Mainly looked over my TT Harness prepped the SC's engine bay and cleaned it

Day two:
Ran the engine harness, dropped Motor, trans.

Couple things i noticed the SC400 driveshaft bolts straight up no problems as well as the trans mount

More pics to come but i have a couple questions, im hoping the communtiy can help me out with as far as swapping into a SC400. I realize its easier to sap in a Sc300 but i got the SC400 for basically nothing so i figure why not. some issues i could use insight into that ive researched...

How some of you reuse the sc400 clutch fan and radiator and did you see any postive or negative effects from it.

Wiring, wiring, wiring, i know this is gonna be a killer and i have a msd tach adapter already just need to know or have some insight to what wires need to be spliced or ran to make this happen

And if any of you can post pics of you FMIC setup id apprecite it greatly also...

Ill try to add more pics as it comes along hopeing to have her fired up by next wee as im off for two weeks and can dedicate total time and attention to this.

again thanks in advance and glad to be apart of the community
Old 08-27-09, 09:03 PM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

Also another question i had for the community is "for those with aftermarket fuel pumps" how did you set yours up wiring, as well as lines thanks again...
Old 08-27-09, 10:41 PM
Rex Ruthor
Driver

May be wrong, but the closed nose design of the original SC400 made for less than optional airflow into the engine bay. Toyota engineers went through great effort to design the hydraulic fan to compensate in lack of laminar airflow.
Old 08-27-09, 11:20 PM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Rex Ruthor
May be wrong, but the closed nose design of the original SC400 made for less than optional airflow into the engine bay. Toyota engineers went through great effort to design the hydraulic fan to compensate in lack of laminar airflow.
hmm interesting so are yous aying that keeping the SC400 radiator and clutch fan combo is a good option and thanks for the response i was wondering why i had views and no repsonses lol....
Old 08-28-09, 07:45 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the fuel pumps, it depends on if you want to run 12volts all the time.
12v mod. Our ecu is behind the back seat drivers side panel. http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/12v_mod/12v_mod.htm
If you are iffy about cooling get a Mitsimoto aluminum Radiator for like 240 i think. search google for mkiv supra it will fit. Then get 2 12" radiator fans, ebay works if they have a warranty.
Old 08-28-09, 07:49 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good Luck with the swap, not so many have done the sc400 to 2jz compared to sc300, and I am so jealous you live in Hawaii!
Old 08-29-09, 12:12 AM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

thanks man ill definitly look into that also, made some small updates today will add the pics tommorrow im heading out the house for a bit of R&R. However if anyone can help me in the realm of wiring id greatly apprecaite it, im running AEM EMS on a TT auto harness so i believe i just need to know which wires have to be spliced from the TT Harness into the body harness thanks in advance......

Oh and yeah hawaii is nice homie :-)
Old 08-29-09, 04:30 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

nice work, good luck
Old 08-30-09, 11:12 PM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

Updates as of yesterday...

intake mani reassembled
fuel rail installed
fuel lines ran
fuel tank tapped for secondary fuel line
255 wablos wired and installed

heres some pics more to come :-)

also i researched and researched and i still dont understand what wires need to be crossed over on the body harness wiring portion of this swap if anyone can help please do...thanks in advance
Old 08-30-09, 11:24 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Awesome thread... I'll be keeping my eye out on this as I myself have an SC4.... Great job so far man..
Old 08-30-09, 11:32 PM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

thanks man im gonna try to put up as much info and pics as possible its kind of been hell finding out information on this swap and idk why lol....basically swapping my old 2jz single setup into my sc so i can get my 1uztt/6spd setup in the supra lol....and thanks again.
Old 08-30-09, 11:40 PM
Rex Ruthor
Driver

Originally Posted by StupidSlow
hmm interesting so are yous aying that keeping the SC400 radiator and clutch fan combo is a good option and thanks for the response i was wondering why i had views and no repsonses lol....
I was speculating on the possible reason guys keep it with engine swaps, but the hydraulic fan was originally designed to over-compensate related to heat dissipation in leau of less airflow secondary to the factory closed nose cone design. Cool project. Subscribing.
Old 09-01-09, 04:07 PM
jdm93400
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dam dude i must say great work but y did u pull the 1uz out. Wat are u gonna do if u want to sell it.
Also where did u get ur an fittings how do u know how to get wat fittings. I been wantin to do that for a while
Old 09-02-09, 05:08 AM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jdm93400
Dam dude i must say great work but y did u pull the 1uz out. Wat are u gonna do if u want to sell it.
Also where did u get ur an fittings how do u know how to get wat fittings. I been wantin to do that for a while
MOst of my fittings come from either summit racing or rons performance here in hawaii, the 1uz is currently sitting on a engine stand cleaned up and ready for some loving "aka pistons cams valve springs" and then will end up in my MKIV Supra mated to a 6spd and tinw turbo setup but thats waaaaaaaaaaay down the road. and thanks man ill try to post more pics so far tapping the gas tank seems to be the hardest thing ive encoutnered however..........

If anyone can give me some help with the wiring portion id greatly appreciate it
Old 09-04-09, 06:57 AM
StupidSlow
Driver School Candidate

another loving update just finished up 3:54am here basically changed out the whole suspension to GAB shocks/Eibach Springs sitting on some lovely meat heres some teaser shots

Slight flaring ot come but all i can say is i have enough tire on the car to last a lifetime :-)

couple of last things to button up then she will be cranked, also can anyone who has a sc400 2Jz swap show me where you put you PowerSteering Res. at and thanks again in advance...

Quick Reply: SC400 2jz swap "with pics