Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

EGR delete questiong (with pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-09, 10:58 AM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EGR delete questiong (with pics)

Ok, I'm going NA-T and while most of my engine is already apart I'm deleting my EGR.

Well from what i gathered from research on the forums, you delete almost every vacuum line.

When i went to delete this....

A steady pressure leaked out of it and smelled like gas really bad for 20 seconds pressure still came out of it so i plugged it back up. Anyone know what that is? And how do i fully delete it?

Also, these hardlines behind the intake manifold..

I can't figure out how to remove the whole piece, also it leads to alot of other hardlines under the intake mani, do i just plug those up aswell?

Also... would it be a good idea to plug up the vacuum ports with those little rubber/soft plastic caps they sell at autozone? I would imagine they would just shoot off the ports under high boost
Old 08-24-09, 02:44 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Ok i figured out how to take that whole piece off in the last two pics, there was an extra bolt i didn't see.

Now that that piece is removed... what ports do i cap off under the manifold where you can't really see?
Old 08-24-09, 05:02 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Remove everything, including the hard lines, and the container under the TB
Old 08-24-09, 05:11 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

What do i do about that one pressurized line going into the canister?
Old 08-24-09, 06:27 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

the one in the first pic? Or the one under the TB?
Old 08-24-09, 07:25 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Damn there's two of them?

yea the one in the first pic, and if there's one undet the TB i guess that one too haha
Old 08-25-09, 03:13 AM
Xcaliber00
Driver

I'm in this exact situation, except I'm doing an engine swap and doing while the motor's still out. If I find any answers I'll let you know.
Old 08-25-09, 05:33 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Xcaliber00
I'm in this exact situation, except I'm doing an engine swap and doing while the motor's still out. If I find any answers I'll let you know.

Yea, my whole motor's apart for this NA-T build, I need some answers haha.
Old 08-26-09, 09:54 AM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Come on... I know a lot of people on this site removed their canister, all i need to know is that they did with the line circled in the top picture. It's pressurized and smells like gas.
Old 08-26-09, 12:18 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

well on mine i removed the rubber hose exposing just the hard line and capped it with a rubber bypass plug, i also put a little clamp on there to ensure that it wouldn't just fall off, or get pushed off due to tank pressure, but i believe you can remove the whole hard line back to the gas tank if you want to be thorough, ill be doing this in the not so near future...
Old 08-26-09, 02:45 PM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

The line in the first pic is from the top of the fuel tank. It's used to relieve pressure as the tank is depleting of fuel. If you cap it like sueno2jz has done, you absolutely risk over pressuring the fuel tank and the possibility of damaging your fuel system.

The best idea is to remove the line and the canister. At the bottom of the canister, there's a hole that leads to a hardline that runs under the engine and vents near the power steering rack. Get a similar sized hose and run it from the hardline to the line under the canister you removed. You'll have to either take your wheel off or turn it hard left. If you're on stock suspension, you should be able to reach it.
Old 08-26-09, 03:48 PM
Papajorgio
Advanced

Originally Posted by LexusFTW
The line in the first pic is from the top of the fuel tank. It's used to relieve pressure as the tank is depleting of fuel. If you cap it like sueno2jz has done, you absolutely risk over pressuring the fuel tank and the possibility of damaging your fuel system.

The best idea is to remove the line and the canister. At the bottom of the canister, there's a hole that leads to a hardline that runs under the engine and vents near the power steering rack. Get a similar sized hose and run it from the hardline to the line under the canister you removed. You'll have to either take your wheel off or turn it hard left. If you're on stock suspension, you should be able to reach it.
thats very good advice, i think ill be taking that advice for myself aswell, instead of doing it like i originally planned to, the pressure in the tank was affected, everytime i drive my car i would open the gas cap when i got home just to relieve the excess pressure...
Old 08-26-09, 05:38 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Thank you LexusFTW, That's exactly the info I was looking for!

That's exactly what I'm going to do.

So, Will this make my car smell like gas?

On my S13 I did an SR swap and deleted the canister, The car smelled like a race car, You could definatly smell the fuel.

I'd DEFINATLY like to keep the gas smell to a minimum (if possible). That way I can still kind of retain more of a fast luxury car, then a race car.
Old 08-27-09, 03:28 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry guys i was very bussy,i'l post when i get backfrom work tonight.
Old 08-27-09, 07:03 AM
LexusFTW
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DRFT103
Thank you LexusFTW, That's exactly the info I was looking for!

That's exactly what I'm going to do.

So, Will this make my car smell like gas?

On my S13 I did an SR swap and deleted the canister, The car smelled like a race car, You could definatly smell the fuel.

I'd DEFINATLY like to keep the gas smell to a minimum (if possible). That way I can still kind of retain more of a fast luxury car, then a race car.
Yes, your car will smell like gas if you remove the canister and vent the hard line.

Quick Reply: EGR delete questiong (with pics)