Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Will an is300 turbo kit fit the sc300?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-09, 08:05 PM
oneforspaw
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will an is300 turbo kit fit the sc300?

Hey guys I jumped on ebay the other day and saw some people selling bolt on kits for the is300. What caught my attention was that they were also including the intercooler set up. So i was wondering if perhaps the kit would fit the sc300 like the intercooler pipes wrapping around back and then up to the intake and turbine. has anyone tried this? I think i would be good to know and maybe save some time on fabrication.
Old 08-16-09, 08:52 PM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Don't run an ebay kit. The turbo will usually fail after a couple thousand miles. Also, I think the bolt pattern on the manifold will be different. It would be just as cost effective and more reliable to piece your own kit together.
Old 08-16-09, 10:57 PM
oneforspaw
Driver

i already have a toyomoto manifold, one of those xspower manifolds and greddy t67 turbo. I was just wondering how the intercooler pipes would bolt together on the sc300.
Old 08-16-09, 11:55 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

See this

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...rock-this.html

All ebay IS300 kits I've seen have universal piping anyway. Have you checked Supraforums? They usually have used SC300 kits.
Old 08-17-09, 12:00 AM
ahhyes300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this is one of those sub $1000 kits on ebay, Then It's definitely not a bolt on affair for any car. They just give you a bunch of intercooler piping and couplers. On the other hand, if it's a real bolt on kit for an IS300 ( SRT, Toyomoto, PFS, etc. ) Then all of the intercooler piping won't really match up. The IS has a considerably smaller engine bay with a stubby front bumper. Also the VVTI 2JZ has coil-on-plug ignition, so some turbo manifolds made for IS300s don't **** the turbo to clear the distributor, because it's not there.

I have a feeling the reason you are asking this is because you don't want to make intercooler piping. If this is the case,Trust me, it's not that hard. I never could understand why that step hangs so many people up.

So to answer your question, If the manifold ***** the turbo about 35degrees then it will work for you. As for intercooler piping made for an IS, it wont do much good. Take mine and others advice, piece together a kit, and learn to build things yourself.
Old 08-17-09, 02:12 AM
oneforspaw
Driver

I've been piecing my kit together for a while now and the only thing thats really stopping me from going na-t is the intercooler pipping. I guess your right on that.
I know the engine bay on the is300 is smaller but i figured i would be able to extend some things rather than to fabricate from scratch.
And as for building things for myself, i just rebuilt the 2jz on my sc3 and it will definitely hold the 500hp im looking for. Of course not all at once. I want to go 300-350 first then 400, then 500. You have to learn to walk before you learn to run.
So im guessing the is300 kit will definitely not bolt up at all on the sc300
Old 08-17-09, 02:31 AM
oneforspaw
Driver

thanks for the link mex lex, i think im going with that set up
Old 08-17-09, 08:53 AM
OneJay
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What I did when I went front mount on my 1jz is I just got a universal piping kit from ebay and cut it up myself. It might be a bit harder on an NA-T though I'd imagine....
Old 08-17-09, 10:17 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

IC Piping on the SC300 is its own special kind.

I have a BoostLogic front mount and the piping set-up confused me for HOURS because of many things.

#1 your AC/Power steering lines that go along driver side fender (towards the front bumper) ALL have to be bent. Your AC compressor will have to be relocated ~2inches up but not too high because you have a headlight to put on as well...

#2 The sc300 radiator fan cover will most likely have to be cut (depending on size of piping mine had to be trimmed a little) in order for proper fitment.

#3 The piping for a SC300 is generally made where it makes a U shape turn starting on the driver side intercooler inlet and then going straight half way into the car then OVER the sway bar and back up to the turbo. This can be tricky because a bad setup could lead to your piping being cracked on the sway bar...we dont want that now do we

#4 check my thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...sues-pics.html for pics to give u an idea of whats going on.

#5 I highly recommend this front mount as it is insanely giving me great performance and not made from cheap material (BoostLogic => Precision)

Contact DaveH for this intercooler if youd like..
Old 08-17-09, 08:16 PM
oneforspaw
Driver

mortal300 how did you fix the problem?
Hey i wonder if anyone is running the same side intercooler set up on their sc so i can see how it works. Where would the maf be place. Same place if your doing blow through right?
Old 08-18-09, 12:59 AM
Mortal300
Pole Position

there no room on same side is what ur not understanding....i mean if there is room id really like to see cus i never did any research just by experiences the fitment is VERY tight and concrete...

yeah i fixed the problem by getting a 45 degree coupler to fit on the turbo. Everything fit by a hair line.
Old 08-18-09, 01:11 AM
oneforspaw
Driver

so not even the BL intercooler kit was a complete bolt on affair?
I would like to see some pics of sc3s running the same side intercooler and where they placed the maf if they still have it.
Old 08-19-09, 12:37 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

no it was a complete bolt on...but with modifications of course (AC/Power steering lines had to be slightly bent, AC compressor relocation...etc, radiator fan cover had to be cut a little...etc.etc)

best intercooler kit!
Old 08-20-09, 10:48 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

ahh----- NA+t woes. this is the main reason i decided no more NA+t for me, FMIC piping ****ament for fit.

if you did a FFIM (front facing intake manifold) conversion, it would solve these horrid X over piping issues. I had turbo heating up pipe from FMIC to intake manifold, turbo heating up dizzy, ebay stuff not working well at all and ****ament for fitament.

never buy generic ebay crap. its UTTER CRAP. buy HKS, Greddy, name brand stuff that is designed and proven and known to fit. too bad NA+t makes fitament really suck- if you had to puzzle over a BL part, the NA+t setup is the problem, not BL- they are legit.

if you FFIM you might even be able to modify a JZA80 supra FMIC piping and FMIC to fit. I fitted the entire OEM TOYOTA JZA80 MK4 supra SMIC (side mount intercooler) with oem piping to my SC300, no issues with sway bar, no issues with wack piping needing to relocate other components of my car, etc etc.

front facing intake manifold on a NA+T conversion makes it physically look like a factory GTE with a single turbo. All you would need then would be adapting the single turbo you are picking to use to fit into the FMIC setup you purchased - as tons of supra owners fit single turbos and FMIC on their car......sc300=mk4 supra

I'm sure boostlogic has a FMIC kit for the MK4 TT supra that does not have any issues with front sway bar clearance, those issues are avoided by toyota in its oem GTE setup.
Old 08-20-09, 07:40 PM
oneforspaw
Driver

yeah i know ebay stuff is crude. Thats why i've been piecing together my kit for a while now. Heck i even picked up a couple of R154 trannys. My engine is ready for boost, its all completely rebuilt, pretty much new everything.

I guess i was just a little surprised i saw a "bolt on" (or so they call it) turbo kit for the is300 first rather than the sc300. I am still deciding on the intercooler set up however. How difficult is it to install a FFIM on a GE anyways? Is it realistically posible to install an oem TT supra one on the GE? I think the runners are different and probably sit higher in the engine bay. I've read somewhere on the internet that the GE intake manifold actually flows better but i guess you cant really believe everything you read online.

Quick Reply: Will an is300 turbo kit fit the sc300?