Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Stroker Kit..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-04, 07:46 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Re: Re: bore and stroke

Originally posted by qtb33
I completely agree with what you say. I too read this post awhile ago and wanted to commment but didn't know if I was beating a dead horse.

Chairmnofthbord is arguing theory with factual numbers. Bad idea, there are many examples of either case.

Key points to power:

Mass air flow rate, not displacement. A wonderfull example is a wankle engine. Measuring a motor by its' displacement is very flawed. Dont argue this point I'm right. This is directly related to the next key point.

Volumetric Eff., or V.E.: A high VE will produce torque, maintaining this VE will produce HP through the powerband. The longer you can maintain the VE more HP you'll make.

Thermal Eff: This allows the motor to get the most from the combustion process. The more energy released the more cylinder pressure that is created, yada yada yada.

Ultimately bore or stroke have only a tiny piece of the power band and it's shape. However, they can and should be concidered when designing a motor, but tons of other conciderations will effect this, that have already been mentioned above.

FYI, most honda engines are stroker engines, or aleast the ones I have read about, as well as BMW, both high reving motors. The only thing you need to keep a close eye on is piston speeds. Integra Type-R's have piston speeds that come near some F1 cars, yet revs only half of what a F1 typically does. You do the math.

You are absolutely correct!!!! Even though this was such an old thread, I just had to write some response. I hope I didn't come off as some kind of a***ole acting like I know everything cause that wasn't my intention. I just find that some people can be dangerous with a little knowledge. It leads to misleading assumptions.

In it's simplest terms, an engine is nothing more than a giant air pump! The more air you you can push through the engine, the more power you will create. This is why properly/custom ported heads are sooooo expensive.

I just hate when some people will say things like, "I got my heads ported and polished" with no real knowledge of why they had it done and what it actually does to the engine. It almost classifies them with the fools that refer to NO2 as "NOS". We all know that "NOS" is actually Nitrous Oxide Systems. A company that was at the head of the whole nitrous movement through the 80's and on.
Old 10-30-13, 12:17 AM
datoa15
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 1uz stroker

were do i buy a 1uz stroker kit in the us. i wont to stroke to 5.0 litre and not change the engine sleeves.
Old 10-23-15, 07:41 AM
abesterls4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lex Luthor
There are two heads, and if the price doesn't include the crank, then you're talking about $2100 for pistons and rings
Hey how much for a 5.0 stroker kit for a 91 ls400
Old 10-23-15, 01:38 PM
KahnBB6

Received 1,221 Likes on 856 Posts

You'd spend a fortune and still not quite get to 5.0L.

Picking up a used 4.7L iron block 2UZ-FE engine and Frankensteining the block to your 1UZ heads (though I thought I read that the piston sleeve bore is significantly larger on the 2UZ's than 1UZ's), intake and electronics would get you close without spending $10k-$15k in parts.

With or without a very cost-prohibitive stroker the best results without a huge fortune spent will be had with a supercharger and aftermarket engine management. Plus some attention to beefing up the transmission.

People have done fully custom twin turbo setups on 1UZ's too but that's also very expensive.

However, seeing that you're in Cali, Abestlerls4, I don't really recommend any of this.

Last edited by KahnBB6; 10-23-15 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Corrections.
Old 10-23-15, 02:23 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

it would be way more productive to stick with the 4.0l 1uz and boosting it properly with supporting mods versus going to 5l. that extra liter wont be enough extra power by itself and if you are going to boost it 4 liters is enough to make lots of power, heck its a whole liter more than a 2jz after all.

2uz is good to just use also, no need to throw 1uz heads on, the issue with the 2uz is the weak cams for hp, so just throw some cams at it and reinforce the bottom end if you plan on boost cause its got those weak rods.