Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

bov install and maf meter

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-09, 07:49 AM
scturbo28
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy bov install and maf meter

Hello community i did a search here on the forum before i am posting this thread so that i dont get bashed for posting the same thing. Well my question is that i recently got an intercooler on my sc 300 which has a 1jzgte-vvti its completely stock except of course the front mount intercooler i got put in , my question is how do i make my bov work , the person who installed the intercooler said since i have an air flow meter before the the turbo then if i put the blow off valve after the turbo the car is going to idle funny and run like crap at wot , i was not really paying attention to what he was saying because he was in a noisy place , he said something along the lines off you have a divert valve something something did not really understand him, basically is it that hard to install the bov to make it work, the car is all done with the piping and the bov flange welded and everything clamped together , he said he was going to cover the flange in the mean time till i figure out what i need to do , it figures since i already paid him also , i would rather the car run right as it was originally then run like crap and hesitate according to him . My car is stock running stock boost , no boost controller or gauges of any sort , i just want to get the bov to work thats all and again thank you for those who are and helped me along the way .
Old 08-05-09, 08:43 AM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your car isnt going to run funny at idle or at wot unless your bov isnt set correctly..with an maf the only time you would experience any problems venting to atmosphere with your bov is between shifts or when you let off the throttle and the bov opens..then you may experience some bogging and hesitation or at worst a stall.

but, i could have sworn that 1j's used a MAP sensor..?
Old 08-06-09, 07:41 PM
DRFT103
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by turbodremz;
i could have sworn that 1j's used a MAP sensor..?
Same here

Put your BOV really close to your throttle body then have it recirculated back into your intake between your MAF and Turbo.

That's IF you have a MAF. But i don't think you have a MAF bro.
Old 08-06-09, 08:35 PM
Mortal300
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

open to atmosphere...it will sound better haha
Old 08-06-09, 10:18 PM
IOWNALEXUS
Lexus Test Driver

1jz shouldn't have a maf, its map based so you can run a bov anywhere you want.
IF you had a maf then you have to either recirculate (air from bov has to go back into the intake AFTER the maf) on a pull thru setup which is usually OBD1 (do a search there is tons of info) or put the blow off valve before the maf on a blow thru setup which can only be done on OBD2