Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

can't go passed 120 , please help!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-09, 07:56 PM
scturbo28
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy can't go passed 120 , please help!!!!!!

Hello community i have an sc 300 with a 1jzgte-vvti and i can't go passed 115 , as soon as i hit 120 the car sounds like it hits a brick wall. One of the members here on the forum said its your speed limiter . My car is completely stock except for 3 inch full exhaust , air filter , i am runnig stock boost , i have no gauges or boost controller in my car . My question is how do i know its speed cut and not fuel cut or boost cut. Please help because i want to get the problem resolved and also buy the nessesary things . My other question is when i start boosting like 14 psi do i need a fuel cut defencer or will i be okay as far as 14 psi is concerned and my stock injectors(440) i believe my injector size are 440 if i am correct , or someone correct me if i am wrong . My third question is can i replace my injectors with supra tt injectors and are they direct fit into my engine or do i need to modify something as well. My last question is what kind of fuel pump can i get thats a direct fit into my sc300 , ( walboro) or (supra tt fuel pump) whats a good fuel pump thats a breeze to install and will support 450 hp , thank you community for your support .
Old 08-02-09, 08:03 PM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

What RPM are you turining at 115 or 120, Pretty sure you turn more RPM in a lower gear and haven't hit a cut yet. So it is the speed cut.
You need the speed cut defencer or whatever its called. All japanese ECU's are that way.
Your second Q-I don't believe you 440's more like 370 or 380.
Dunno bout the third one. Someone else will chime in or you can search a bit. Supra should be direct fit.
Old 08-02-09, 10:30 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok 1st off, its defender, not defencer. second what your describing sounds like the speed limiter..keep teens from killing themselves or anyone else on the road..leave it where it is please..about the injectors, not sure cause i'm not familiar with the 1j, but SEARCH..you will find your answer..same applies for the fuel pump..search..and leave your speed limiter alone.
Old 08-03-09, 04:13 AM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Wait a second!!! Isn't this your thread???????

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...zgte-vvti.html

What the **** dude?

I googled speed cut defender and your other thread on here popped up. Amnesia?

Holy hell and another.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-cuts-off.html

Now I am probably going to be in some mud over this but three threads on the same thing from the same person all with the same answers.

Last edited by GSXRMack; 08-03-09 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Google is the shiz. DOH! Found another.
Old 08-03-09, 10:34 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

he must be stuck on alligator alley, posting frustrated on his mobile. haha