Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

engine/feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-09, 04:18 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine/feedback

have anyone purchased an engine from a company name ATTARCO based in california.if you did,what was your experience and what was the quality of the engine you got.thanks for all your feedback in advance.

Last edited by matrixgts; 07-22-09 at 04:42 AM.
Old 07-22-09, 04:44 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

wow no one, i figured atleast the west coast guys should have some feedback
Old 07-22-09, 10:51 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

attarco?

I've had a rebuilt attarco engine in a car i bought, it was decent. I'd personally prefer a original Toyota engine even with super high miles though, if in healthy condition.
Old 07-22-09, 02:15 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by wanganstyl
attarco?

I've had a rebuilt attarco engine in a car i bought, it was decent. I'd personally prefer a original Toyota engine even with super high miles though, if in healthy condition.
thanks ****,and why would you rather have an original engine.anyone else out their with experience with ATTARCO engines.i need feedback before i commit to buying an engine from them.
Old 07-22-09, 04:51 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Ive never had any experience with ATTARCO but I have a couple buddies that do. They have a werehouse in San Jose, Cali which is where I am from. From what they tell me these guys pull the motors, clean them out, compression test and test to see if they over heat so you dont get a crap engine. They also stamp their heads for warranty. They even deliver if you're local. So from what I hear they are pretty good people. They provide a better service than ignorant JDM engine importers.
Old 07-23-09, 01:33 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Ive never had any experience with ATTARCO but I have a couple buddies that do. They have a werehouse in San Jose, Cali which is where I am from. From what they tell me these guys pull the motors, clean them out, compression test and test to see if they over heat so you dont get a crap engine. They also stamp their heads for warranty. They even deliver if you're local. So from what I hear they are pretty good people. They provide a better service than ignorant JDM engine importers.
Thanks j,the price they had for what i want is the cheapest i've seen.and that's with shipping cost from cali to the east coast.i would still like to get some more feed back.i saw to reviews about this place and they was not good and those were the only two reviews on the site i found.
Old 07-23-09, 03:02 PM
mcwop23
Driver

That is a great price, engine looks super clean.
Old 07-23-09, 08:34 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcwop23
That is a great price, engine looks super clean.
yeah but what would it look like when it get to me.
Old 07-26-09, 08:58 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

ive torn down an attarco engine to naked shortblock from my own car (2jzge)- in perfectly running condition. tore it apart in fully running functional condition, had attarco stamp on block etc. Did not like how things looked taken apart, it had been rebuilt or built from a pile of parts motors and rotating surfaces were not like clean like a oem motor is even after high miles.
Old 07-27-09, 05:28 AM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

ive torn down an attarco engine to naked shortblock from my own car (2jzge)- in perfectly running condition. tore it apart in fully running functional condition, had attarco stamp on block etc. Did not like how things looked taken apart, it had been rebuilt or built from a pile of parts motors and rotating surfaces were not like clean like a oem motor is even after high miles.
thanks ****,i no longer need a replacement.the shop that checked my car out either did not know what they was doing or trying to rip me off.it was my cam bolt that was causing the knocking i fixed the problem by looseing the bolt and retighting it myself.saved myself about 3 grand.always get a second opinion.sorry a** shop.i would have went with jhot after everything was said and done.
Old 07-30-09, 07:53 AM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

if you do jhot, budget double so you can accomidate a rebuild by yourself or your mechanic.
Old 07-30-09, 03:51 PM
matrixgts
Lead Lap

if you do jhot, budget double so you can accomidate a rebuild by yourself or your mechanic.
someone else would be doing the work.