Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 2jzGTE swap confusion

Old 07-17-09, 08:57 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC300 2jzGTE swap confusion

I have done a bit of reasearch on the sticky section and i have used the magic search button , but im still a bit confused . First of i would like to thank everyone who was nice enough to share the info to help others like me .

My question is referring to the harness.

the car is a 1993 sc 300

1)If buy a jdm aristo engine complete with ECU, harness, and tranny will i still need to get the harness modified to get it to work ?

2)will i be able to use the stock aristo cluster ? or do i need an aristo cluster ?

3)will the jdm ecu affect the US accesories in the car ? like power steering , alternator , AC , radio ect ?
Old 07-17-09, 09:01 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1) send the harness toDr. Tweak and he'll get that done for you http://www.phoenixtuning.com/

2) u cant use the aristo cluster cuz the aristo is another car and after dr. tweak is done with ur harness stock cluster should be fine.

3) everything should work like oem if step 1 is done
Old 07-17-09, 09:08 AM
Kohinoor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

if youre planning to go single turbo, just get the tt shortblock.. no need for the wiring mess
Old 07-17-09, 09:09 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ thats what i say LoL
Old 07-17-09, 09:13 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
1) send the harness toDr. Tweak and he'll get that done for you http://www.phoenixtuning.com/
that is what im confused about , why do you need the harness modified if you already have an engine harness with the new engine ?
Old 07-17-09, 09:20 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
^^^ thats what i say LoL
have you done this swap before ?
Old 07-17-09, 09:22 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

cause the stock one from the aristo will not reach your ecu location (rhd to lhd).
you can extend all the wires yoursel and run the aristo engine and harness,
but then your accessories inside the car may not work correctly until you do some rewiring.

so when they say send it to dr tweak, that means hes going to splice the two together and extend it at the same time, so all you have to do is plug it in. its not magical or anything. you are paying for knowledge and labor, but if you are electronically inclined you can get the pinouts and do it yourself (which can be a real pain from what i understand). all this info is out there. search on SF.
Old 07-17-09, 09:46 AM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
cause the stock one from the aristo will not reach your ecu location (rhd to lhd).
you can extend all the wires yoursel and run the aristo engine and harness,
but then your accessories inside the car may not work correctly until you do some rewiring.

so when they say send it to dr tweak, that means hes going to splice the two together and extend it at the same time, so all you have to do is plug it in. its not magical or anything. you are paying for knowledge and labor, but if you are electronically inclined you can get the pinouts and do it yourself (which can be a real pain from what i understand). all this info is out there. search on SF.

thanks that makes a lil more sense.Im not worying about the money but i dont want to spend money on things i dont need ( wich i thought was the harness ) i will email dr. tweak since i have the knoledge but not the time to do the wire harness.

Thanks
Old 07-17-09, 07:39 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

I moved your thread to its proper section.

1) If you buy an Aristo 2JZGTE complete with ECU and harness you will still need to get the harness modified so it can work on your SC. Keep in mind, an Aristo is RHD so it will need to be extended. When they modify the harness they are basically using the body plug off your 2JZGE harness and incorporating the engine plugs from the 2JZGTE to make a complete big 3 connector harness for your SC.

2) You do not need an Aristo cluster. I dont even think it will fit. No worries on that part.

3) The JDM ECU will not effect anything as long as the wiring was done correctly. You tell them what you want and will not be using before the harness job is started. Most of what you mentioned is part of your original body plug that will be reused and untouched.
Old 07-17-09, 09:55 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kohinoor
if youre planning to go single turbo, just get the tt shortblock.. no need for the wiring mess
I don't mean to thread jack, but can you please elaborate?
Old 07-18-09, 01:17 PM
wanganstyl
Lead Lap

single turbo + full kit ($3500) + aem standalone ecu for sc300 ($1500+tuning)+adaptation to run a real GTE engine and COP (whatever your tuner shop will charge for custom wiring work - easy 3 hours of labor)

= no need for full wiring swap merge.

for those who want to know what a wiring merge involves, follow the link on my sig.
Old 07-22-09, 06:08 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by wanganstyl
single turbo + full kit ($3500) + aem standalone ecu for sc300 ($1500+tuning)+adaptation to run a real GTE engine and COP (whatever your tuner shop will charge for custom wiring work - easy 3 hours of labor)

= no need for full wiring swap merge.

for those who want to know what a wiring merge involves, follow the link on my sig.
i dont get it , so you are saying if i get a AEM stand alone i dont need to rewire the aristo harness ? isnt too short ? and what about the acessories ?

sorry but im a bit confused on your last post .
Old 07-23-09, 09:34 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

^ Yes if you going AEM no need to be messing with wires and stuff.
I should have went that route , U live and you learn lol. GL
Old 07-23-09, 11:07 AM
moejz
Pole Position

By the way, the Aristo engine is a front sump engine ( oil pan ) . It will not fit the SC300 unless you change the front sump oil pan ( all two pieces plus the pickup and baffle ) to a rear sump setup. You can accomplish this by transfering your SC300 oil pan over to the Aristo engine. You will need to drill the turbo drain hole and tap it for the bolts. It is already stamped and mark, just need to drill it out.
Old 07-24-09, 05:08 PM
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by moejz
By the way, the Aristo engine is a front sump engine ( oil pan ) . It will not fit the SC300 unless you change the front sump oil pan ( all two pieces plus the pickup and baffle ) to a rear sump setup. You can accomplish this by transfering your SC300 oil pan over to the Aristo engine. You will need to drill the turbo drain hole and tap it for the bolts. It is already stamped and mark, just need to drill it out.
thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC300 2jzGTE swap confusion