SC300 2jzGTE swap confusion - Club Lexus Forums

Go Back   > > > >
Log In 

SC300 2jzGTE swap confusion

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-17-09, 08:57 AM   #1
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
M3ONJUICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 273
Default SC300 2jzGTE swap confusion

I have done a bit of reasearch on the sticky section and i have used the magic search button , but im still a bit confused . First of i would like to thank everyone who was nice enough to share the info to help others like me .

My question is referring to the harness.

the car is a 1993 sc 300

1)If buy a jdm aristo engine complete with ECU, harness, and tranny will i still need to get the harness modified to get it to work ?

2)will i be able to use the stock aristo cluster ? or do i need an aristo cluster ?

3)will the jdm ecu affect the US accesories in the car ? like power steering , alternator , AC , radio ect ?
M3ONJUICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:01 AM   #2
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
YeA 2jZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SC Land, FL
Posts: 5,249
Default

1) send the harness toDr. Tweak and he'll get that done for you http://www.phoenixtuning.com/

2) u cant use the aristo cluster cuz the aristo is another car and after dr. tweak is done with ur harness stock cluster should be fine.

3) everything should work like oem if step 1 is done
YeA 2jZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:08 AM   #3
Kohinoor
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (22)
 
Kohinoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,263
Default

if youre planning to go single turbo, just get the tt shortblock.. no need for the wiring mess
Kohinoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:09 AM   #4
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (15)
 
YeA 2jZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: SC Land, FL
Posts: 5,249
Default

^^^ thats what i say LoL
YeA 2jZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:13 AM   #5
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
M3ONJUICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ View Post
1) send the harness toDr. Tweak and he'll get that done for you http://www.phoenixtuning.com/
that is what im confused about , why do you need the harness modified if you already have an engine harness with the new engine ?
M3ONJUICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:20 AM   #6
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
M3ONJUICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ View Post
^^^ thats what i say LoL
have you done this swap before ?
M3ONJUICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:22 AM   #7
Ali SC3
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (10)
 
Ali SC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: CO
Posts: 8,955
Default

cause the stock one from the aristo will not reach your ecu location (rhd to lhd).
you can extend all the wires yoursel and run the aristo engine and harness,
but then your accessories inside the car may not work correctly until you do some rewiring.

so when they say send it to dr tweak, that means hes going to splice the two together and extend it at the same time, so all you have to do is plug it in. its not magical or anything. you are paying for knowledge and labor, but if you are electronically inclined you can get the pinouts and do it yourself (which can be a real pain from what i understand). all this info is out there. search on SF.
Ali SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:46 AM   #8
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
M3ONJUICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali SC3 View Post
cause the stock one from the aristo will not reach your ecu location (rhd to lhd).
you can extend all the wires yoursel and run the aristo engine and harness,
but then your accessories inside the car may not work correctly until you do some rewiring.

so when they say send it to dr tweak, that means hes going to splice the two together and extend it at the same time, so all you have to do is plug it in. its not magical or anything. you are paying for knowledge and labor, but if you are electronically inclined you can get the pinouts and do it yourself (which can be a real pain from what i understand). all this info is out there. search on SF.

thanks that makes a lil more sense.Im not worying about the money but i dont want to spend money on things i dont need ( wich i thought was the harness ) i will email dr. tweak since i have the knoledge but not the time to do the wire harness.

Thanks
M3ONJUICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 07:39 PM   #9
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
JspecSC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: N/A
Posts: 4,908
Default

I moved your thread to its proper section.

1) If you buy an Aristo 2JZGTE complete with ECU and harness you will still need to get the harness modified so it can work on your SC. Keep in mind, an Aristo is RHD so it will need to be extended. When they modify the harness they are basically using the body plug off your 2JZGE harness and incorporating the engine plugs from the 2JZGTE to make a complete big 3 connector harness for your SC.

2) You do not need an Aristo cluster. I dont even think it will fit. No worries on that part.

3) The JDM ECU will not effect anything as long as the wiring was done correctly. You tell them what you want and will not be using before the harness job is started. Most of what you mentioned is part of your original body plug that will be reused and untouched.
JspecSC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-09, 09:55 PM   #10
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
AD_SC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ga
Posts: 833
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohinoor View Post
if youre planning to go single turbo, just get the tt shortblock.. no need for the wiring mess
I don't mean to thread jack, but can you please elaborate?
AD_SC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-09, 01:17 PM   #11
wanganstyl
Lead Lap
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SF CA
Posts: 602
Default

single turbo + full kit ($3500) + aem standalone ecu for sc300 ($1500+tuning)+adaptation to run a real GTE engine and COP (whatever your tuner shop will charge for custom wiring work - easy 3 hours of labor)

= no need for full wiring swap merge.

for those who want to know what a wiring merge involves, follow the link on my sig.
wanganstyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-09, 06:08 PM   #12
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
M3ONJUICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanganstyl View Post
single turbo + full kit ($3500) + aem standalone ecu for sc300 ($1500+tuning)+adaptation to run a real GTE engine and COP (whatever your tuner shop will charge for custom wiring work - easy 3 hours of labor)

= no need for full wiring swap merge.

for those who want to know what a wiring merge involves, follow the link on my sig.
i dont get it , so you are saying if i get a AEM stand alone i dont need to rewire the aristo harness ? isnt too short ? and what about the acessories ?

sorry but im a bit confused on your last post .
M3ONJUICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 09:34 AM   #13
99SC42
gte & na-t
iTrader: (43)
 
99SC42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland /Germantown
Posts: 5,112
Default

^ Yes if you going AEM no need to be messing with wires and stuff.
I should have went that route , U live and you learn lol. GL
99SC42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-09, 11:07 AM   #14
moejz
Pole Position
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 200
Default

By the way, the Aristo engine is a front sump engine ( oil pan ) . It will not fit the SC300 unless you change the front sump oil pan ( all two pieces plus the pickup and baffle ) to a rear sump setup. You can accomplish this by transfering your SC300 oil pan over to the Aristo engine. You will need to drill the turbo drain hole and tap it for the bolts. It is already stamped and mark, just need to drill it out.
moejz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-09, 05:08 PM   #15
M3ONJUICE
Pole Position
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
M3ONJUICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 273
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moejz View Post
By the way, the Aristo engine is a front sump engine ( oil pan ) . It will not fit the SC300 unless you change the front sump oil pan ( all two pieces plus the pickup and baffle ) to a rear sump setup. You can accomplish this by transfering your SC300 oil pan over to the Aristo engine. You will need to drill the turbo drain hole and tap it for the bolts. It is already stamped and mark, just need to drill it out.
thanks
M3ONJUICE is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2JZGE Na-T TT Ecu Mod Ali SC3 SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000) 3202 06-23-16 08:23 AM
2JZGTE Wiring Harness Made Easy gerrb Performance & Maintenance 155 02-08-16 06:55 AM
CA FS : JDM aristo 2jzgte engine harness phamxOC SC400 / 300 Classifieds 0 03-30-14 01:31 AM
Aristo 2jzgte harness puzzle figured out! wanganstyl Performance & Maintenance 171 05-19-13 07:52 AM
Using usdm 2jzgte harness on a jdm motor questions . MDSC Performance & Maintenance 4 07-20-12 10:10 PM


Tags
2jz, 2jzgte, body, easy, engine, hard, harness, info, plugs, rear, sc300, sump, swap, tuning, wiring

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2016 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved