Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

SC300 2JZGTE Auto Swap

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 07:17 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SC300 2JZGTE Auto Swap

Well I thought I would throw up some pics of the install. Here are a couple teaser pics and I will update later this week with what I am doing. This has been a long drawn out process as many things have gone on that have taken priority. I am now getting to actually work on the car and make progress. I am looking to be done in the next week or so...we will see.

She is awaiting to be filled. I have taken out the colored wires and cleaned it up. That is also a brand new rack.

Here is the engine.

Here is the Supra TT wiring harness I got for free. This was a major ontaking and it is almost complete at this time. I will take a pic here in the next day or so with it all loomed up.

I ran the meter and BCC to the rear view mirror visor. I wanted them to be concealed and out of the way. It does not impede my view from the mirror.

FMIC
Old 06-30-09, 07:25 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the meter on the mirror dont bother ? are the wires going to be hanging down ?
Old 06-30-09, 07:31 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by YeA 2jZ
the meter on the mirror dont bother ? are the wires going to be hanging down ?
they are hanging in the pic...they will not be left like that. They will be on the visor in the pic. Rotate them 90 degrees to the center. They have to be facing each other as the IR feed each unit. The wires are all hidden so ou will not see them. They run up through the headlines and down the driver pillar.

Comeon I am not going to leave it looking like that
Old 06-30-09, 07:39 AM
YeA 2jZ
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LoL oh alrighty then
Old 06-30-09, 11:23 AM
slappy96
Lead Lap

Zmegoby,

Are you staying with the auto? If so, let me know. I just figured out all the replacement fittings for auto cooler lines. (Looks like your hard lines are mangled in the plastic)
Old 06-30-09, 11:40 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

slappy...yea I am staying auto. Send me that info please. I am not sure if they are real mangled up but they are just flapping around. New lines are always better Plus I am going to do an external cooler as well so that will help me.
Old 08-13-09, 09:25 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know it's a necropost, but any updates?
Old 11-18-09, 05:25 AM
ICONYQ
Lead Lap

well has been very slow any steady with all the other work I have had to do. I will post some more pictures up but ran into a BIG issue yesterday. Keep in mind I am using the Supra TT ECU and have converted it all to USDM beside the turbos and cams.

I am getting NO POWER to the Resistor pack. I am going to have to pull the harness. I had sent the harness to a guy to help him try to build his name. The harness was in bad shape and I got it for free. Well he did not wire it right and I am getting no power to resistor pack so the injectors are not firing.

Choices:
1. Pull harness and try to go through the mess and backtrack all the wires. This harness is not pretty
2. Build a harness. Buy the pins and the wire and just build one. Removing the sensors I do not need.
3. Buy a brand new harness and then cut into it and remove unneeded clips. (Just listing this as a choice but not an option Not spending the money to chop it up)
4. Use SC300 harness and add and reposition lines.

Onto the pictures....