Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Greddy bcc questions!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-09, 07:34 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy bcc questions!

Ok I litterally just got done from test driving the car after installing a bcc and a field harness. I could only go through the first 2 gears fully, and in those gears it feels, way, WAY quicker than before I installed it.

Initially I would have thought it was because it's free to over boost(I have a 3inch exhaust and downpipe), thats what I am feeling, but I look down during one pull and I see that the boost guage reads 9-10 psi full in both first and second.

It feels as if it has better response on stock boost.

I never hit boost cut in first or second before the bcc anyways, but for some reason it feels much quicker. Also it feels as if the 2nd turbo comes online alot smoother and right on the money (3800 rpm) even if I am less than half way on the throttle. Usually it comes on later.

My A/f in boost is ~13. It used to be richer before the bcc install.

Also, I should note that earlier I accidentally installed the bcc with 2 of the wires switched around (the ground and the tps wires... I know I'm stupid) This resulted in no boost, and also a super lean condition if I tried to boost. 17+ a/f ratio. Of course i quickly turned around and stayed in vacuum till I could fix it.

One more thing, this is a JDM motor, so the turbo pressure sensor IS the map. I researched before I installed it to see if it was ok and people agree that it is.

I tuned the bcc to a perfect 4.29-4.3.

So why is it quicker? Did it advance the timing during the time I had the ecu disconnected?

Is it because it is a JDM motor, and I am changing the values for the map?

Any help appreciated!

Thanks!