Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1JZGTE ISSUEs

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-09, 05:54 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 1JZGTE ISSUEs

Car 1992 SC300 auto, we did the 1JZ swap and convert it to manual ,so last night i fire it up start up fine no problem but when i turn it off and pull the Key out of the ignition the car will still crank try to start but won't.
And that scare the hell out of me.
The Harness was done by Dr Tweak, All i did was run the
wire from the starter to that Black wire with white stripes,and the car started.

Please any help will be appriciated thanks

Last edited by 99SC42; 06-11-09 at 10:44 AM.
Old 06-11-09, 09:13 AM
GSXRMack
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh, before it gets deleted.

Whats the solution? Doing a1J here soon.
Old 06-11-09, 10:28 AM
soarer13oy
Lexus Champion

could it be that since you did the auto to manual you would need to bypass that clutch interlock switch?
Old 06-11-09, 10:49 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

This is what i did and it seems like i m getting constant power.I will try to remove at the Starter and see what happen.

**Got a new and updated version that is taking part of this and part from another person who helped me out with mine.(OneJay)**

Okay so all you need to do is get a thick (I used 14ga) wire, put one of those slide on ends to the wire (so it will slide on over a flat metal lead like the one seen above on the trans connector).

Take off your remote lead on the starter (NOT the one with the nut)

Slide on your new wire/end

Take this wire and run it as described above into the cabin, under the dash

Connect it to the thick black/white wire

Voila you can now start your car in any position using the key.

Thanks for the help above and to OneJay for his help because between the two of you I am now able to start my car with the key and without the car in neutral (due to my AT ECU)

***No need to mess with the plug underneath on the trans, no need to mess with the relay, just a straightforward line from the starter to the starter wire inside the cabin***

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 06-11-09, 12:46 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

Good info, so this is an alternative to the bypass of the PNSS?
Old 06-11-09, 01:49 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Yes but didnt work on my car ,i will find out tonight .
I talk to Dr Tweak he think it's a Grouding issue but we'll see.
The starter mod works everybody that has 92-94 sc3 but didn't work for me so ?????
Old 06-12-09, 04:48 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Problem solved!!!
When i sent my harness to Dr Tweak,i told my was originally Auto and that i converting to manual,so when i got the harness back i didnt know that he did bypass something so i didnt have to "the Starter Mod".
All i had to do was plug and start the car.So last night i removed that wire that i ran from the starter to the cabin,the car runs and idle perfect and when i turn the key off the car just shut off great that what i wanted.
Old 06-12-09, 07:17 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

cool, glad you got your issue solved. I was having the same issue but Dr. Tweak said that i didnt tell him mine was originally automatic. Do you have to put the clutch down to start car or just start it right up?

Did you have to cut into the chasis to make your swap fit or did it go into you automatic hole?
Old 06-12-09, 08:19 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

No i don't have to press the Clutch down,it start right up.

Yes i had to cut into the tunnel ,the manual shifter sits 2 inches from the auto shifter hole.I thought i didnt have to do that , but its all good.

Where can i get a stock soarer downpipe,i am not in the roush to get the exhaust done.
I wanna take the car to the Body shop.
Old 06-12-09, 11:54 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

I just used my stock downpipe from the sc. I have a custom downpipe and midpipe for a single turbo set up if you are single or plan on going that route.

Ok, just wanted to make sure that I wasnt the only one who had to cut into the tunnel. How does the shifter sit in your car(high or low) and is it in the way of anything?
Old 06-12-09, 12:27 PM
99SC42
gte & na-t

It's sits kind of high man i don't know why , the next thing i will do is get a short shifter,i can't stand long shifter.
I didn't install my radio yet but it looks like it's touch my radio, don't know yet but i will install the stereo tonight , i will let you know.
Old 06-12-09, 07:25 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

what engine and tranny did your swap come from? mine is from a soarer
Old 06-13-09, 01:34 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a 92 SC300, it was auto, I put a 1jzgte w/5spd in. All I did was lengthen body plugs. Didn't do a damn thing about clutch interlock switches or wiring of any sort other than lengthening. Car started first time, everytime without any pedal depressed, runs like it was meant to be driven that way. Why are people sending out their harnesses? Just for the lengthening?

Or are you guys using auto harnesses?
Old 06-14-09, 07:01 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

My 1JZ came out of a chaser,i picked the cleanest engine in the Warehouse so come to find out It was a Chaser 1J.
So i was pissed to the fact that i have to spend another 800$ to get the Harness done ,But it was worth it i dont regret one bit.
Dr Tweak had my Harness for 2 days,I am so happy with the service.

Anybody running a Griffin Aluminum Radiator? What kind of radiator cap are u using because i did not stress at all during the swap but this radiator start to get on my nerve ,it's like one thing after the other.
Old 06-14-09, 08:16 AM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by quickGS300
My 1JZ came out of a chaser,i picked the cleanest engine in the Warehouse so come to find out It was a Chaser 1J.
So i was pissed to the fact that i have to spend another 800$ to get the Harness done ,But it was worth it i dont regret one bit.
Dr Tweak had my Harness for 2 days,I am so happy with the service.

Anybody running a Griffin Aluminum Radiator? What kind of radiator cap are u using because i did not stress at all during the swap but this radiator start to get on my nerve ,it's like one thing after the other.
You do know you can get a full standalone EMS for around 800? that much for just some wiring is a straight ripoff.

I'm using a Chaser ECU as well, no issues.

Quick Reply: 1JZGTE ISSUEs