Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ideal Turbo and Intake for my SC 300?

Old 06-08-09, 06:25 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ideal Turbo and Intake for my SC 300?

Well everyone, since I finished my exterior changes to my 2000 SC 300, I'm moving on to the engine. What I'm aiming to do is add either a Cold Air Intake or Short Ram Intake as well as a Turbo setup(Either NA or standard is fine). Yet, my only problem is this: People have been giving me bogus info for their setups or units they want to sell me. And I've been searching forever for good parts for my stcok setup. So, help me out here. I need a good and complete Turbo Kit I can purchase as well as an Intake that works for my 2000 model.

-Thanks!!!

-Matt
Old 06-08-09, 06:36 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

well if your gonna boost, dump the idea of an intake..and other than a DaveH kit, or an XS Power kit, I can tell you the best thing to do would be to build your own kit and just source all the parts you need. I built my complete kit for under $1500 and its going on this weekend..and to much surprise 90% of the kit is brand new, and very good quality stuff..it will take some time to find everything, but well worth it, not to mention you can save alot of money..which reminds me I need to call Geico..

But, piece your own kit together..makes the build that much more exciting
Old 06-08-09, 06:51 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
well if your gonna boost, dump the idea of an intake..and other than a DaveH kit, or an XS Power kit, I can tell you the best thing to do would be to build your own kit and just source all the parts you need. I built my complete kit for under $1500 and its going on this weekend..and to much surprise 90% of the kit is brand new, and very good quality stuff..it will take some time to find everything, but well worth it, not to mention you can save alot of money..which reminds me I need to call Geico..

But, piece your own kit together..makes the build that much more exciting

Well, here's the thing. I don't have time to get all the parts really separately. I have two jobs and really never have time to hunt stuff down. That's why I wanna buy a full kit, and then install it myself. I can't just find the time to hunt down each part. Even as I'm typing this, I'm working on work files, that's how much I'm doing.
Old 06-08-09, 06:54 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by megamarine
Well, here's the thing. I don't have time to get all the parts really separately. I have two jobs and really never have time to hunt stuff down. That's why I wanna buy a full kit, and then install it myself. I can't just find the time to hunt down each part. Even as I'm typing this, I'm working on work files, that's how much I'm doing.
ahh I see..well both the daveh kit and the xs power kit have been proven to be decent kits, but if your trying to save on time, why not go the 1J route..swapping could be cheaper as well and less down time with the car.
Old 06-08-09, 07:11 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

ahh I see..well both the daveh kit and the xs power kit have been proven to be decent kits, but if your trying to save on time, why not go the 1J route..swapping could be cheaper as well and less down time with the car.
I dunno. I just like it being the 2J, to be honest. Thanks for the kits though, man.

Ya got anymore ones that might work just as well?

Last edited by megamarine; 06-08-09 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-08-09, 08:51 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

those would be the only 2 I would suggest..have you thought about doing an Aristo swap? its a 2J, only down side is the auto trans, but they are fairly easy to get.
Old 06-08-09, 09:11 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

those would be the only 2 I would suggest..have you thought about doing an Aristo swap? its a 2J, only down side is the auto trans, but they are fairly easy to get.
I have. I'm a stubborn mule though. I just want a standard Turbo setup that I can add on without HUGE changes to my engine.
Old 06-08-09, 09:31 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by megamarine
I have. I'm a stubborn mule though. I just want a standard Turbo setup that I can add on without HUGE changes to my engine.
well we have something in common..so you want just a basic simple setup and around 280 to 300whp? stock fuel system and headgasket, etc etc..for the price, i would go with the xs power kit then and just use a 8.7psi spring in the wastegate, walbro pump, and a SAFC..should put you right around 280whp if i'm thinking correctly.
Old 06-08-09, 10:24 PM
megamarine
Pole Position

well we have something in common..so you want just a basic simple setup and around 280 to 300whp? stock fuel system and headgasket, etc etc..for the price, i would go with the xs power kit then and just use a 8.7psi spring in the wastegate, walbro pump, and a SAFC..should put you right around 280whp if i'm thinking correctly.

Sounds perfect. I'll get on that immediately, thanks.
Old 06-08-09, 10:27 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

no problem..just be sure not to exceed 9 psi on the stock injectors