Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

*JDM Engine Sources*

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-09, 08:38 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default *JDM Engine Sources*

Alright guys, The time has come, im ready to buy a complete swap for my 94 sc3..im not sure if anyone has made a thread like this before but if they have then please forgive me for posting this...but anyway i have been doing alot of searching on who i should trust and where to buy my motorset from and of course JHOT was first in mind...but they told me it will be another 4-6 weeks before they come across anymore soarer sets, i can wait but i just wanna test the waters and see what you guys think, I haven't completely made up my mind up on 1jz or 2jz, but i do know if i go 1j, i want a soarer set so all i will have to do is extend the harness and im in there like swimwear

Okay so other then JHOT, who else would you guys buy from???
im located in florida so there is another guy local that i hear has everything but he's a lil pricey, but in the other hand i hear he gives you everything plus more!!!
Help a brotha out CL
Old 06-03-09, 08:49 PM
dis 4 duc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

search my friend
Old 06-03-09, 09:08 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dis 4 duc
search my friend
I have buddy...im not a newbie. sooo the search button happens to be one of my friends...LOL this thread isnt about me learning info or trying to figure out a issue...i jus wanna ask my fellow members where did they buy there swap other than JHOT. but im sure alot of members bought from JHOT
Old 06-03-09, 09:12 PM
skizzals
Pole Position

Default sources

im from JerZy i know it not local but here are sum links

1.http://www.jdmenginezone.com/
2.http://www.jdmenginesinc.com/shop/
3.http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/

hope this helps
Old 06-03-09, 09:20 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by skizzals
im from JerZy i know it not local but here are sum links

1.http://www.jdmenginezone.com/
2.http://www.jdmenginesinc.com/shop/
3.http://www.jdmenginedepot.com/

hope this helps
yea, i could use as many legit shops as possible...bro and im from jersey, just living in florida now...still got mad fam in jersey so i might be able to have them pick up a motorset for me...but not sure if thats what i want
Old 06-03-09, 09:43 PM
Ryeno
Banned

this one guy on supraforums told me about osaka motors in canada. They have cheap engines. I am thinking about buying my aristo 2jz-gte from them.
Old 06-03-09, 09:45 PM
skizzals
Pole Position

first one on there is pretty new so in order to compete with the rest they have somewhat lower prices
Old 06-03-09, 09:46 PM
aka paco
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

i know your lookin for something besides Jhot, but man i just gotta say go with them and avoid any problems, my 1jz came from them and many many local guys i know have bought everything from SR's, 1jz, 2jz, ej20t's and not one with a problem! jhot has really good customer service also and my swap was soooo complete..

just throwing that out there, but goodluck wherever you end up getting it from.
Old 06-03-09, 09:51 PM
skizzals
Pole Position

Jhot?? never heard of them. . . link anyone??
Old 06-03-09, 09:53 PM
Asha'man
Lead Lap

Do the import places sell just transmissions as well? If I end up going R154 when I get all the stuff together to do a 5spd swap, I'd like a JDM tranny with the shifter extension.
Old 06-03-09, 10:04 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ryeno
this one guy on supraforums told me about osaka motors in canada. They have cheap engines. I am thinking about buying my aristo 2jz-gte from them.
yea, i heard of them. idk ima look into it

Originally Posted by aka paco
i know your lookin for something besides Jhot, but man i just gotta say go with them and avoid any problems, my 1jz came from them and many many local guys i know have bought everything from SR's, 1jz, 2jz, ej20t's and not one with a problem! jhot has really good customer service also and my swap was soooo complete..

Yea paco, most likely ima buy from JHOT because they have very good prices and thay will give you everything you need plus more, and i also heard all of their motorsets are legit and well taken care of..idk how they can tell if its comming from japan, but im not gonna argue...lol

Originally Posted by Asha'man
Do the import places sell just transmissions as well? If I end up going R154 when I get all the stuff together to do a 5spd swap, I'd like a JDM tranny with the shifter extension.
yes, check jhot or the links that skizzals posted i saw a few jdm r154's for sell without motors...

Originally Posted by skizzals
Jhot?? never heard of them. . . link anyone??
http://www.jhotimports.com, there you go...just call and ask whatever...they will take good care of you
Old 06-03-09, 10:05 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by aka paco

last I talked to Jhot, they werent sure when or if they were getting any more engines..and as for osaka motors, I have heard some very very bad things about them..had a friend order an SR20 for his 240sx and they sent him a CA18..then told him all sales final
Old 06-03-09, 10:27 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
last I talked to Jhot, they werent sure when or if they were getting any more engines..and as for osaka motors, I have heard some very very bad things about them..had a friend order an SR20 for his 240sx and they sent him a CA18..then told him all sales final
WHAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!
osaka motors didnt do him like that, did they?
and as for JHOT i called them 2day and they told me another 3-4 weeks but one soarer set is already reserved...they wouldnt even let me put a down payment on a motorset 2day they told me to call back in a week or so, cuz they didnt have all the info
Old 06-03-09, 10:33 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 94_soarer
WHAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!!!
osaka motors didnt do him like that, did they?
and as for JHOT i called them 2day and they told me another 3-4 weeks but one soarer set is already reserved...they wouldnt even let me put a down payment on a motorset 2day they told me to call back in a week or so, cuz they didnt have all the info
yeah they did..and not the only time I have heard negatives like that about osaka..

And if Jhot is still bringing engines in, I would say stick with them..I'm still trying to get a hold of a friend of mine, and see where he gets all his engines from..if i come up with anything I will let you know.
Old 06-03-09, 10:43 PM
94_soarer
Pole Position

Originally Posted by turbodremz
yeah they did..and not the only time I have heard negatives like that about osaka..

And if Jhot is still bringing engines in, I would say stick with them..I'm still trying to get a hold of a friend of mine, and see where he gets all his engines from..if i come up with anything I will let you know.
Jhot was always #1 on the list unless i found a guy who bought a soarer set from them and wanted to sell it cheaper then their price...like i did before i found a local guy who jus bought a soarer 1j from jhot and decided to sell it for 900 bucks complete...i didnt have the money at the time...i guess i was spendin too much money on fashion....oh well, ya boy gotta stay fresh...
cant have a nice clean sc and when you step out of it, u look like a bum!LOL

Quick Reply: *JDM Engine Sources*