Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Need help 5 spd swap!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09, 09:18 AM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need help 5 spd swap!!!!!

Hey fellow SC enthusiast I need help with my 5 spd swap, if anyone can post up a step by step instructions with pictures on how to do it I would really appreciate it, if not at least post a link so I can find the instructions thank you.
Old 05-15-09, 09:30 AM
99SC42
gte & na-t

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you search my friend,everyone will tell you to hit the search botton.
I am doing the swap tonight after work should be done tomorrow,I gave never done it before wanna do it while i have the engine out should be easy ,just get a shop manual, i will try to search for you.
Old 05-15-09, 09:42 AM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

thanks a lot bro i would really appreciate it GL with your swap hope everything comes out ok
Old 05-15-09, 10:32 AM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CASANOVA86
Hey fellow SC enthusiast I need help with my 5 spd swap, if anyone can post up a step by step instructions with pictures on how to do it I would really appreciate it, if not at least post a link so I can find the instructions thank you.
Might want to get this moved to the "performance" sub forums. You will get a better answer that way.

Also, step by step instructions with pictures can be hard to come by.

Best one you can get is the Factory Service Manual.

Here is a link to help
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/per...-my-sc400.html

You won't be using a mk3 pedal set and master cyl like this guy was if you don't want to.

You'll just have to piece the information yourself, just like everyone else. Just like I did.
Old 05-15-09, 11:07 AM
hyjaxx
Pole Position

Uh- before you do anything go out and get a 90 degree drill or just the adapter. You're gonna need to have that to drill the firewall. And if you go with the MkIII pedal you're gonna need to **** it a it when you drill it- it won't be a direct mate-up with the divet in the firewall where you'd drill for the SC pedal assembly. Do you have the complete swap and is the old tranny dropped out? I'm running a little short on time right now but I can get on here a little later and walk you through it if noone else has.
Old 05-16-09, 01:18 PM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Originally Posted by hyjaxx
Uh- before you do anything go out and get a 90 degree drill or just the adapter. You're gonna need to have that to drill the firewall. And if you go with the MkIII pedal you're gonna need to **** it a it when you drill it- it won't be a direct mate-up with the divet in the firewall where you'd drill for the SC pedal assembly. Do you have the complete swap and is the old tranny dropped out? I'm running a little short on time right now but I can get on here a little later and walk you through it if noone else has.
Thanks for everything so far I did that & everything worked out OK, now I need the tranny mount because my swap didn't come with it so now I gotta find one.
Old 05-16-09, 05:18 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

GOd that girl in your sig is hot as .... Something that starts with F and sounds like Duck
Old 05-16-09, 06:00 PM
ucfa4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im w you on that jdmmuscle. You need to search and you will find what you need.
Old 05-16-09, 06:16 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lemmiewink
Might want to get this moved to the "performance" sub forums. You will get a better answer that way.
Yes, that is true. Try it next time.

Auto to (W58) 5Speed swaps are easy now. Ive done 3 so far. There is plenty of information floating around Club Lexus. The site most useful to me was MKIV.net. There is a tutorial for an auto to 6speed swap for a Supra in one of their articles. Although the swap is on a Supra, the process is almost the same for the SC. It will even tell you how to setup your reverse light. To bypass the neutral safety start you will have to look up one of Biggu's DIYs for this. If you have all the parts and most importantly the tools, it should take you a full weekend. Here is a suggestion, start with drilling the holes for the master cylinder. The rest is cheese.
Old 05-17-09, 09:29 AM
CASANOVA86
Pole Position

Yo thanks for all the help so far, now I'm just waiting on my transmission mount hopefully I don't run into any more problems if I do I'll search first & then I'll ask thanks SC enthusiasts.
Old 05-17-09, 07:56 PM
TURBO819
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here You Go

This is a link that you might want to check out. ( Post # 2 )https://www.clublexus.com/forums/perf...-my-sc400.html
This is a link that you might want to check out too. ( Post 161-163 )https://www.clublexus.com/forums/perf...-thread-5.html
I know it's for a 6 Speed Supra Swap but a lot of this information can be adapted for the 5 Speed SCxxx Swap. I hope this Helps
http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/aut...wap/index.html