Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Chipped ecu question

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-09, 05:40 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chipped ecu question

Alright,

I've recently had my tt running as of late, and I am wondering of hooking this baby up.

It actually came with the engine when I bought it, but I am hesitant to use it because I have no idea what it does.

I believe its a rom tuned ecu which I don't think could have THAT much done to it.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of ecu and if so, can you tell me what could have been done to it?

Would it be safe to run?

My engine also came with no fpr, but a ss hose in its place. I assumed it went to an aftermarket fpr that the previous owner had installed. Would I have to raise the fuel pressure to run this computer safely?

Also, could it be possible that the engine provider put the ecu there because they had none to give me to begin with? If this was true, it would mean that the computer was originally from another engine.

Would it matter?

Last edited by lemmiewink; 05-11-09 at 05:43 PM.
Old 05-11-09, 06:44 PM
codetoad
Lead Lap

I have the Blitz ACCESS ecu with my engine, from what I understand mine and yours are basically similar in that it eliminates the speed/fuel cut and optimizes fuel/ign timing and also has higher redline (8k rpm?). Don't think it will hurt the engine by using it, although I have read that the Blitz/MINE's ECU's are tuned on japanese fuel (100 oct?) so you may want to run some booster for peace of mind.
Old 05-11-09, 07:03 PM
lemmiewink
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by codetoad
I have the Blitz ACCESS ecu with my engine, from what I understand mine and yours are basically similar in that it eliminates the speed/fuel cut and optimizes fuel/ign timing and also has higher redline (8k rpm?). Don't think it will hurt the engine by using it, although I have read that the Blitz/MINE's ECU's are tuned on japanese fuel (100 oct?) so you may want to run some booster for peace of mind.
You have one with your 1jz? Wouldn't that mean that its possible that yours too is tuned for 100+ octane?