Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

i have a tranny ??????? if anyone can help

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-09, 09:18 PM
mk31jz
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i have a tranny ??????? if anyone can help

I have a 93 sc400 with 165k on it and sometimes wen I put it on drive it work but sometimes it dosent un till I put it on L does anyone wat is could be?
Old 05-07-09, 09:42 PM
JspecSC3
Lexus Champion

Welcome to Club Lexus. I see this is your first post. I highly suggest you take the time to familiarize yourself with the forum and please read the FORUM RULES before posting.

Having said that, this sounds like a topic that belongs in the PERFORMANCE\MAINTENANCE section. I will go ahead and move this thread for you.

About your transmission, it sounds like it is slipping. An automatic transmission is the most neglected part of the vehicle. I've seen many slip until they eventually stop working. What I suggest you do is try and have the fluids flushed. Hopefully that takes care of your situation if it is not too late. If its got something else going on feel free to do a quick search on what might be going on.
Old 05-08-09, 02:22 AM
Mr.NA_T
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JspecSC3
Welcome to Club Lexus. I see this is your first post. I highly suggest you take the time to familiarize yourself with the forum and please read the FORUM RULES before posting.

Having said that, this sounds like a topic that belongs in the PERFORMANCE\MAINTENANCE section. I will go ahead and move this thread for you.

About your transmission, it sounds like it is slipping. An automatic transmission is the most neglected part of the vehicle. I've seen many slip until they eventually stop working. What I suggest you do is try and have the fluids flushed. Hopefully that takes care of your situation if it is not too late. If its got something else going on feel free to do a quick search on what might be going on.
Old 05-08-09, 05:30 AM
mk31jz
Driver School Candidate

Thanx dude but I was reading up and some ppl stay not to flash cuz it can make it wors then it already is or kill the tranny

Last edited by mk31jz; 05-08-09 at 05:51 AM.
Old 05-08-09, 03:16 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

The clutch packs in the tranny could be shot,bad fluid and there is to much metal pieces floating around inside of it. You could have a bad shift solenoid. Have it flushed and if that doesn't work i would look for a tranny to replace it with. Where in Florida do you live?
Old 05-08-09, 08:39 PM
TLDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can drain it. No need for a flush but just pull the drain plug and let it drain! take off the cover and clean it,Replace the gasket, I am sure these have a filter too so replaced that, put it all together and cross them fingers!
Old 05-09-09, 10:09 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine does same thing. I must be the solenoids,because it starts in second or third gear.Basicaly it doesnt shift down,and starts at a higher gear. So when you put it in "L" you manualy putting it in first.I've been driving mine like this for over 8 months, have no problems.

Do a search,i think the solenoids could be replaced without removing the tranny.I'm not sure though,its been a while since i looked in to it.