Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1jzgte jdm swap into 97sc300 HELP PLeASe

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 08:26 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1jzgte jdm swap into 97sc300 HELP PLeASe

Hello,

I am currently installing a jdm 1jzgte engine (from a soarer w/ ecu). I wanted to know what type of systems I might need to install to get this engine up and running correctly in my OB2 car.

List of parts that i am installing on this engine are:

Greddy BOV
Greddy Speed Cut
Venom 400 piggyback ECU
Custom FMIC
Aeromotive AFPR
Custom Intake
Blitz dual turbo timer(w/ boost gauge)
Manual boost controller (twin)
2jz gte pcv
custom Oil catch can

Everything else on the engine will be stock.
I also wanted to know what is the highest boost suggested to run for a daily driver and also what is the highest boost when racing?

This engine also came with a R154 tranny that I am also installing inplace of my automatic. (stage 2 clutch kit, lightweight flywheel, replace old seals and bushings)

Could I also install a wastegate on this setup as a friend has on just laying around (tial 46mm)?

I appreciate any help that I can get as in the middle of this swap and I am definitely a noob at engine & tranny swaps.
Old 05-05-09, 08:36 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What're you going to do with the harness?
Old 05-05-09, 08:52 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Which harness, the old one from the 2jzge or the new one from the 1jzgte?

1jzgte harness = getting extended and wiring in Greddy SCD, Venom, and msd tach adapter.

2jzge harness = selling $200 OBO
Old 05-05-09, 12:30 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

What is your plan for emissions?
Old 05-05-09, 12:41 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Twan0690
What is your plan for emissions?
what exactly do you mean?
Old 05-05-09, 01:19 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

he means how are you planning to pass smog?
Old 05-05-09, 01:37 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Oh ok, I dont. Well at least for now i dont. My car is actually registered in the great state of FL where there are no rules regulating this (i.e. no inspections)

But when I do eventually have to as long as I am in NY or MD i have a couple of mechanics that will pass you.

But my main concern is will this set-up work correctly. Does anyone see anything that is missing from my list of parts? Is there anything that might make this swap run smother as this is going to be my daily driver
some names car has gone by = GreenPeace/GreenGoblin/GreenLatern/Kermit
Thinking bout the name HOLIDAY (cause now everyday driving this thing isgoing to be like a present hopefully!!!!!)
Old 05-05-09, 08:17 PM
AD_SC3
Lexus Test Driver

Well now im jealous. I want to do the 1Jz swap into my 96 sc but I have no way around emissions.
Anyway, good luck, from my research the swap is straight forward the only problem was no way to check emissions.
Old 05-05-09, 09:03 PM
rykwebb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Daily driver? On my 1JZ I run 13.5lbs and make 340whp with almost as many mods...15lbs is the end of the safe zone but I've heard of guys running 22lbs on their daily driver. Look at it like this, the lower your boost the safer your engine and the longer it will last with those internals. Higher the boost, its fun and all, but you might be walking home from work, catch my DRIFT?
Old 05-06-09, 01:49 PM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

thanks guys for all the input, this makes me feel alot better about completeing my swap.

I was thinking about running about 12lbs to keep it in the safe range, i think that with the set up i should be able to get about 320whp as least.

rykwebb: i saw the pics of your cockpit and wanted to know what where each of the guages that you had installed on your car? and also if you could let me know why u need each since right now i was trying to get away with 0 guages installed in the car(afpr guage under hood, and boost gauge intergrated with turbo timer hidden in astray holder)

Also what are you using to run your ecu, any emanagement or piggybacks? How did you tune your car for best potential and what does your gas mileage look like? Is your 1jz running a map of maf?
Old 05-08-09, 06:01 AM
RyanV
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would install the wiring stock first, get it running, work out the bugs, then install your aftermarket stuff. That way you eliminate some of the variables during trobleshooting.

Are you going to overhaul the motor with new orings,gaskets, water pump etc?

You should also geta tube of Toyota FIPG

Far as tuning the 1JZ, 14psi on the stock twins si the highest most people are saying is safe for daily driving, depending on their condition before you install the engine.

The stock injectors are 370cc, and won't support alot more than BPU hp levels. Recommended is run the injectors at 80% of their duty cycle to allow for spikes.

I'd immediately look at upgrading the injectors.

Also, you need to check and see if that Venom piggyback can control the speedcut. That would eliminate you buying the Greddy speedcut. The Greddy emanage ultimate has the speedcut built in.

I'm not exactly sure about the 97' cluster, but you may not need the tach adapter. You should do some research because all earlier Sc300s have a resistor on the back of the cluster that you simply bypass, and the tach will work with the swap.
Old 05-08-09, 06:26 AM
BigGreen
Lead Lap

Thanks for the info RyanV, much apprecitated.

I replaced the water pump but not the orings or gasket, should i be doing this and if so where could i get these parts at a good price?

What are my options for upgrading the injectors, I have read a lot of stuff on here with varying information (from the 4s upto the 8s and from low impedence to high)
So what would be a good upgrade for the injectors without breaking the bank?

I will be picking up some toyota fipg asap.

I will be probably be starting a swap thread once I have all my parts and ready to go, cant wait to get this thing up and running!