Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Toyomoto Kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-02, 01:14 PM
mor-power
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Toyomoto Kit

First of, I just wanna thank ALL the turbo guys for all the informative threads on the Toyomoto Kits.

I have just placed an order with them. But my question is that... Since I'm not mechanically inclined, how long and how much would it cost me to have it installed? I would like to get an estimate on the cost before I call around. thanks, again!!! can't wait!!!
Old 03-15-02, 03:03 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats, and welcome to the world of turbo
Old 03-16-02, 08:39 AM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

I'm no authority figure but the performance shops charge anywher from 65 to 90$ an hour. I've heard the kit can be done in two days by someone who knows what's up. I'd say they'd get it done in a week and charge 24 - 36 hrs labor.

at 75$ an hour that's $1800.

what's your location?

AJ
Old 03-16-02, 01:14 PM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

24-36 hours is about right for someone who has the tools and has done it before. It would take a first timer more time than that though, cause you spend half your time scratching your head trying to figure out "how to get that bolt out", or "where does this go". A good shop could do it in about 3 days...
Old 03-16-02, 08:42 PM
mor-power
Rookie

I'm located in Northern CA (near SF). so I should be expecting in the ballpoint of $1500 to 2K for the install?

As for the "how to get that bolt out", or "where does this go", I have printed out some of the pictures I have seen from those who have posted on those web sites with their installation progresses.(thanks to the turbo guys, again!!) Hopefully, they will charge me a little less after seeing these pictures.
Old 03-18-02, 06:35 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

congrats on the purchase....i would guess you might be able to get it for 1000-1500.....the kit includes everything and instructions.....let us kow if you have any more questions...Jeff
Old 03-18-02, 06:38 AM
SC300T
Lexus Test Driver

Me too...
Jeff and I both have these kits.
Feel free to PM me on this board.
Old 03-18-02, 07:37 AM
mor-power
Rookie

Jaff and Scott, thanks for the offer! I will definitely keep that in mind and I really do appreciate all the help.

On the same note, I love this forum! I've been driving my SC3 for 6 years (STOCK!) until I found this forum last month. Now, I've just replaced the headlight with HID Kit, MX Greddy exhaust system, Eibach Pro kit, Tokico shox, and some 18' wheels on it. And loving it! It is truely a sport car, now.... well, even more so when the turbo is installed..

thanks, again!
Old 03-18-02, 11:30 AM
SC300TURBO
Lexus Test Driver

sounds like you have really gotten into modifying your lexus...what yr?...color?...auto/5spd?...ect ect...got pics?..what wheels?...tires?....tell us more about this soon-to-be -boosted sc300..and welcome to the neverending world of smiles......<the turbo has this effect on ya> Jeff
your in cali right?
Old 03-18-02, 12:14 PM
awj
Bluegr*** Performance

Have you gotten a figure yet on the install?
I'm saving up now for a turbo get up.
Let us know how it goes.
Good luck.
Old 03-18-02, 12:24 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Speaking of turbo SC's Jeff, who's the guy that owns that black SC3 by you with the Bomex kit and Lowenhardts? I think he used to go by 'SC300sbt' and I thought I saw him in the video of the Supra/SC meet. I know he's got a GTE intake, but that motor's gotta be a GE, saw the distributor, big single turbo, right? Exactly what's he got in there, far as you know? A friend mentioned two other turbo SC's in Miami, Clyde ('97 Black) and Freddy Perez ('95), know either of them or what's in those cars? I thought maybe you saw them around or at Lance's shop. I talked to PF again today about their turbo kit, didn't realize that nice stainless equal-length manifold is the same one they use on Vinny's car, I figure if it's good enough for 8.03's, then hey, that's enough potential for anyone. Also, got some good inside stuff on the Supra and what the future holds, but they told me they would sick Vinny's dog on me if I told! (so Jeff, i'll PM you with the details later ). mor-power, tell us what ya got.
- Jon
Old 03-18-02, 12:57 PM
Bean
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i told you that miami was the turbo SC300 capital of the world
Old 03-18-02, 01:52 PM
mor-power
Rookie

I have a '95 rally red (just Lex Luthor's) automatic. I like all the mods on my car so far. Well, I could have done better on the wheels though.. I was looking into getting the MSW 55C or the Kosei S5R (like Clint's) but no one carries them anymore. I like that style... so I went with something similar, the Vox MGR like the one this link https://www.clublexus.com/cgi-bin/ph....pl?photo=1862 ... kinda cheesey in comparing to the other models. If you know where I can get them please let me know so I can replace these.

As for the tires, I went with the Yokohama AVS db. I love it! I have gone through with the...

BFGoodrich g-Force T/A KD
Dunlop SP Sport 9000
Dunlop SP Sport W-10
Michelin Pilot Sport
Pilot XGT V4

As you can see, I went through them practically one set a year on a stock SC3. Sure, I love the wet and dry handling of these tires, but I think AVS db has the best of both world. It handles just as good but it's a lot quieter (less road noise) than the others even with the stiffer shox and strings.

I will post some pix after it is fully completed. can't wait!
Old 03-18-02, 02:40 PM
Lex Luthor
Lexus Champion

Renaissance Red actually, code 3L2. I think you'll have to re-evaluate your whole tyre thing after it's turbo'd, your biggest request will be for traction. I used to love the old Yoko A008's, for a powerful rear-drive car, but they were pretty hairy in the rain. What kit did you get from Lance? Stage 1, 1.5, etc, and who's doing the install? Lookin' forward to those pics.
- Jon
Old 03-18-02, 03:20 PM
mor-power
Rookie

I only got the stage 1. I only want a little more power than the stock, not using it to race or anything... just regular communting. I agree with you though. I don't know how it feels, yet, to have the turbo on. I might have to stink with the Pilot Sport 245/40R18 front and the 275/35R18 rear after the turbo is installed.

Quick Reply: Toyomoto Kit