Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

Ultimate 1uzfe W58 Conversion Thread! (LOTS OF PICS!)

Old 04-14-09, 05:20 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3

You also forgot infromation about the clutch and brake pedal
Matt you didn't mention the clutch pedal deal with the drilling out and the biatch of a time we had doing it. BTW you need to to credit my photos please.

Other then that we might be in the process of messing with LS 400's 91-96 and possibly the VVTI motors in the later LS's. Tossing the idea around thinking of the problems with the VVTI and the ECU key fob lockout issue. We will give you a hint. Keep it in the pants.lol
Old 04-14-09, 05:35 PM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

take out your diff and reseal the rear cover. it is dripping like a horny nympho college chick...

at the same time put in an LSD
Old 04-14-09, 06:20 PM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I wasn't going to mention the pedal... there are already threads on how to install the pedals. haha... nor do I have pics. So I do not recommend MK3 pedals... stick to the SC300's for an easy time.

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
take out your diff and reseal the rear cover. it is dripping like a horny nympho college chick...

at the same time put in an LSD

Yes it is... Sean already pointed it out and talks about it all day haha. Im looking for a TT Auto LSD and a 3.26 GS400 gear. Great for gas mileage... maybe I will get traction and should be nice for boost.
Old 04-14-09, 10:01 PM
nextlevelcoupe
Lexus Test Driver

This is an excellent tutorial!! I am on the verge of completing my 98 1uzfe vvti swap into my 95 sc and will definitely reference this amazing and informative thread when seriously considering this wonderful project...
There are a few questions i have though...how does it really feels in terms of the luxury vs sport aspect? more specifically, is there some sort of trade off in the way it feels?(jerky, not smooth in it's gear shifts) weird noises? vibrations?knocking? i ask because although i really admire this project i really don't want to sacrifice any of the luxurious features of the car. i would love if the shifts where smooth, responsive,quiet and stock-like in it's execution-is failing inspection also a possibility?
SUBSCRIBED!!!
Old 04-14-09, 10:31 PM
sc-driver
Lexus Test Driver

definitely inspired to do this some day.

Good Job!
Old 04-14-09, 10:39 PM
SpiderN9NE
Lead Lap

Post Nice

Great Job Redpheonix on the install looks great. nice vid. I am seriously thinking about pushing my paint job back and hitting this install up. its jus so temping to get some of then automatic stealing horses back for a better starting ground on performance out of the 1uz.

Thanks on the PM,
Man the car looks aggressive the vid
Old 04-15-09, 06:05 AM
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe
There are a few questions i have though...how does it really feels in terms of the luxury vs sport aspect? more specifically, is there some sort of trade off in the way it feels?(jerky, not smooth in it's gear shifts) weird noises? vibrations?knocking? i ask because although i really admire this project i really don't want to sacrifice any of the luxurious features of the car. i would love if the shifts where smooth, responsive,quiet and stock-like in it's execution-is failing inspection also a possibility?
SUBSCRIBED!!!
You can make it a stock feel depending on the clutch/pressure plate setup you get. Get an easy full face clutch and a stock pressure plate and there you go... very easy clutch pedal and driveability. Mines a little harsher... 4puck Dual Friction Sprung Clutch and 1800lbs pressure plate. If I wanted a stock feel I would get a full face sprung with a less powerful pressure plate.

BTW, no weird noises...

Last edited by RedPhoenix; 04-15-09 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-15-09, 09:03 AM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

The cost of this swap is seriously making me reconsider getting a SC400 instead of a SC300. Great swap, must be fun to take advantage of the 1UZ.
Old 04-15-09, 10:31 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by nextlevelcoupe
This is an excellent tutorial!! I am on the verge of completing my 98 1uzfe vvti swap into my 95 sc and will definitely reference this amazing and informative thread when seriously considering this wonderful project...
SUBSCRIBED!!!
it will be whatever you make it. why would it make any clunking noises or alike? compare two same cars. one auto and one manual transmission. they will be almost same. it in the driver.

one of my very "blonde" girlfriends told me that the only stickshift can she would get would be a bwm because it doesnt jerk. her bf had a 350z and she didnt like riding in it but she liked my buddies old e30.

lesson? her bf sucked at stick.

as matt said, if you get a stock clutch it will drive just like a stock manual sc300....just faster, and more torque, and more fun
Old 04-15-09, 01:59 PM
Trevstuh
Lexus Test Driver

Nice write up wish I could of got a sc400 to have more fun but it's all good, o/t but redphoenix you like like the dude off of super troopers the guy who ate all the drugs lol.
Old 04-15-09, 04:15 PM
SHOLEXMAN
Lexus Test Driver

Bump for sweet thread I should be taking pics of my swap soon since i got a camera a month ago.lol
Old 04-15-09, 04:39 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i already have a sc300 manual.... now i want a sc400 just for the V8 lol
Old 04-16-09, 11:47 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Heh, sweet tutorial man. I have a feeling I'm not the only GS4 owner looking at this thread going... hmmmm a GS430 MT possible?
Old 04-16-09, 03:27 PM
muhbuhtuh
Lexus Champion

looks like someone is a little rusty driving stick

hahah looks nice man! how are you liking it so far
Old 04-16-09, 07:00 PM
mousiee
Pole Position

RedPhoenix,

All I can say is WOW!!!! Great job!!!

The cars looks like it has transformed into an whole new toy.

Mousiee

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ultimate 1uzfe W58 Conversion Thread! (LOTS OF PICS!)