Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > SC Models > SC 400/300 > Performance & Maintenance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Ultimate 1uzfe W58 Conversion Thread! (LOTS OF PICS!)

Old 05-12-09, 12:29 AM   #61
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (5)

The Supra MKIV or SC300 5 speed tranny is so hard to come by. I checked for more than 6 places and none of them have it. Only a few places have it for around $900. If I could find out how to use the earlier Supra W-58 that could fit, then that'll be awesome.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Single Turbo SC400 V8 on 15 psi, 392 rwhp and 429 rwtq, Built engine, AEM EMS, Hi-Performance Built Tranny with Shift Kit, Lextreme Hi-Performance Torque Converter, Tein SS, Supra LCA, LS and Supra Bigger Brakes, SS Brake Lines, LSD, Strut Bar, Custom Body Kit.
stevechumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-09, 05:41 AM   #62
Blizzy
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (-1)

Send a message via AIM to Blizzy

I have not had a chance to get on this forum more than five or six times during the school year: life is just too busy (counting down to 5/20). But, I am thrilled to have logged on this morning on a whim to discover what you have done with your car. That set up looks great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
Im looking for a TT Auto LSD and a 3.26 GS400 gear. Great for gas mileage... maybe I will get traction and should be nice for boost.
If you are interested in a 3.26 rear end, I have one in my garage. I would be willing to part with it for a very competitive price to help optimize your set up.
Old 05-13-09, 09:06 AM   #63
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzy View Post
I have not had a chance to get on this forum more than five or six times during the school year: life is just too busy (counting down to 5/20). But, I am thrilled to have logged on this morning on a whim to discover what you have done with your car. That set up looks great.

If you are interested in a 3.26 rear end, I have one in my garage. I would be willing to part with it for a very competitive price to help optimize your set up.
h0ly jesus mother of mary. this is the second coming of christ right here. lol. howve you been?

okay nm lets not clog up mats thread.

FS: 93 sc300 5spd with extra parts 847-732-7696
5sp_jzz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-09, 11:53 PM   #64
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (9)

Grant Eng
Send a message via AIM to JDMmuscle

Quote:
I have not had a chance to get on this forum more than five or six times during the school year

HE LIIIIIIIVES

├┼┼╕
246 R
Facebook

The "Make New Post" button is a powerful tool, Think before you start a new pointless thread
JDMmuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-09, 07:54 AM   #65
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic
Trader Score: (10)

Send a message via AIM to RedPhoenix Send a message via MSN to RedPhoenix

Quote:

Thanks PM'd, Welcome back!

-Toyota MR2 Gen 3 swapped
RedPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-09, 10:38 PM   #66
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Since I have been getting a lot of questions. Will the Howe spacer be available? Yes, it is available.

Old 05-16-09, 10:41 PM   #67
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechumo View Post
The Supra MKIV or SC300 5 speed tranny is so hard to come by. I checked for more than 6 places and none of them have it. Only a few places have it for around $900. If I could find out how to use the earlier Supra W-58 that could fit, then that'll be awesome.
Shop around on Supraforums.... I found mine there in a matter of days. Trust me, you will make this swap harder if you dont use the correct W58... not to say you cant do it... but its not tested... nor will we want to test it....

but assuming if you do use it.... you will need custom driveshaft, shifter extension (maybe), mechanical to electric speedo adapter, custom crossmember/mount setup.

Old 05-25-09, 02:00 PM   #68
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

I think I'll go with the easy route. Do you think I can use the stock SC300 or Supra flywheel to mate to the 1UZ?
Single Turbo SC400 V8 on 15 psi, 392 rwhp and 429 rwtq, Built engine, AEM EMS, Hi-Performance Built Tranny with Shift Kit, Lextreme Hi-Performance Torque Converter, Tein SS, Supra LCA, LS and Supra Bigger Brakes, SS Brake Lines, LSD, Strut Bar, Custom Body Kit.
Old 05-25-09, 03:55 PM   #69
josh3uzfe
Trader Score: (0)

What type of EMS did you use?
josh3uzfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-09, 03:58 PM   #70
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh3uzfe View Post
What type of EMS did you use?
I'm using the AEM for Supra TT that's internally rewired to work with the 1UZ. However, the plugs are the same.
Old 05-26-09, 03:07 AM   #71
Mattmannz
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedPhoenix View Post
Since I have been getting a lot of questions. Will the Howe spacer be available? Yes, it is available.
Good news. Do you know the length of the input shaft or the length of the bellhousing from the face of the gearbox to the face of the motor?

I am going to go with a remote shift R154 and I know the spline count on the input shaft is the same length, wondering if I can use the Howe Bearing and spacer you guys have.

Cheers
Matt.

Tein CST's, Work XD9's 18x9+30 18x10+38, Supra TT brakes, Supra 4.08 Torsen LSD, Momo wheel and Recaro seats.
Mattmannz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-09, 01:27 PM   #72
stevechumo
Lexus Test Driver

One thing that really bugs me on this swap is when I surfed the Supra forum, many Supra guys said this W58 can only handle 350 rwhp with some abuse. And it can only handle around 400-500 rwhp when it's not hardly launched at stop. Well, if it can't be launched hard at dead stop, then it's not fun.
Old 05-26-09, 01:54 PM   #73
lilSCsteve
Lexus Champion
Trader Score: (58)

all I can say is WOW! I'm stuck for words, and just when it was said it couldn't be done! Way to keep the faith bro, nice write up man!
lilSCsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-09, 10:37 AM   #74
RedPhoenix
Lexus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevechumo View Post
One thing that really bugs me on this swap is when I surfed the Supra forum, many Supra guys said this W58 can only handle 350 rwhp with some abuse. And it can only handle around 400-500 rwhp when it's not hardly launched at stop. Well, if it can't be launched hard at dead stop, then it's not fun.
Its all hear-say.

However, we have an R154 adapter plate on its way within the next month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattmannz View Post
Good news. Do you know the length of the input shaft or the length of the bellhousing from the face of the gearbox to the face of the motor?

I am going to go with a remote shift R154 and I know the spline count on the input shaft is the same length, wondering if I can use the Howe Bearing and spacer you guys have.

Cheers
Matt.

Its different... R154 must be longer.

We are working on that part right now....

Old 06-04-09, 01:22 PM   #75
ahhyes300
Pole Position
Trader Score: (2)

Send a message via AIM to ahhyes300

To find out if the R154 would fit, measure the height of a 1JZ bellhousing versus the 1UZ's plus the adapter plate. If the measurements are the same, shouldn't it fit? Just a thought . Btw, to mate an R154 to a 2JZ, I had to get a custom driveshaft. Would the same not apply here?
1996 BMW "332i" Sedan auto->5spd, Arctic Silver/Black leather, S52B32m3 & ZF transmission swap, K&N intake, Supersprint exhaust, Staggered BBS CH's, Potenza pole position's, Edm glass headlights, Edm tails, ///M-technic everything Building a cornering machine, not a "hard parker"
ahhyes300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-09, 01:22 PM