Performance & Maintenance Engine, forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

What turbo manifold to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-09, 06:57 AM
tampa mike
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What turbo manifold to use?

Hey guys, I just got into the SC/2JZ world and have my current project up and running, nothing special its a 94 sc300 with an aristo swap and some bolt on with stock twins.

I want to go to a single turbo and am going to reuse my the turbo I am currently running on my drag honda civic, turbo is a Bullseye Power S372R with the race cover, divided T4 inlet.

I dont want to spend what I spent on my full-race manifold for my civic, plain and simple I just dont want to drop that kind of money again.

I have seen guys running the "real OBX" and wondered are they OK to use? I know honda guys have tons of issues with them falling apart.

Just wanted to get your opinions on an affordable manifold. Im not trying to make 1000hp or anything maybe like 5-600 if anything.

I have seen some cat manifolds but arent sure if the turbo will clear in that poistion(for reference the 372 is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch larger cover than a 42r)

Thanks for all your help in advance
Old 03-28-09, 08:10 AM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do it right the first time, what to look for is to make sure that the flange on the manifold is angled. IF it would be straight the turbo might not be able to fit or if you would be running an intake it could come in contact with the water arm.
Old 03-28-09, 02:05 PM
tampa mike
Driver

so would you recommend the manifold from your build thread?

I want to do it right just wanted to see what you guys are using and some fedback on some manifolds. I know alot of the supra guys run the OBX T4 all the time and seem to be happy , I guess I just wanted a warm and fuzzy from the SC crowd as well.

Which is the one you have?
Old 03-28-09, 07:00 PM
1siksc
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No the manifold i got has a straight flange, unless if it's the same size i wouldn't recommend it.
Old 03-28-09, 07:26 PM
tampa mike
Driver

thank you very much. is your model a T3 or T4, i noticed with the straight flanged manifolds it seems you have to use an "S" compressor cover or smaller in order for them to fit.

what about the cast style manifolds? im keeping the longblock stock maybe except for some cams so im notexactly sure how much im gonna make. I own my own dyno so im sure it will see a ton of roller time